"Dead" tail and limping - oh no

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

suprax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well Reggie has been about the same, maybe a tad better. His tail is getting a little higher but not much. Today I brought him to the vet and they examined his tail and the conclusion is that it's a displacement in the first few inches of his tail. The vet thinks that he's in a little bit of pain and is why he's not moving his tail much.

He gave me 2 days worth of inflammitory stuff to give him to help with pain and he said it might take 5 or 6 weeks before his tail is significantly better. He said it definitely is not a "dead" tail or anything. We have no idea how it happened but I figure he was jumping around and hit it on something.

So we'll see how it goes. He acts completely normal except for no jumping and is a little bit quieter, but not much. Otherwise he hangs out with me like normal and seems fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

suprax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wanted to update my thread here as it's been a little while now. Reggie has been doing great! His dead is 95% back to normal with only about 2" at the end that is kinda turned down a little bit, but each day its getting more and more active. He's back to swinging his tail all over (actually doing it over my keyboard as I'm trying to type this) and he's very active running and jumping and being his crazy self!

So it does appears that he displaced a part of his tail and it's taken almost exactly the amount of time the vet said it would take to heal. I'm very happy with this and glad to have 'old Reggie back.

Thanks to all of you who were so concerned and active in this thread, it is very much appreciated!!

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go Reggie Go Reggie - so thrilled to hear he has improved so much. He looks like such a sweet sweet boy!! Thanks for being such a good Mommy.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update...
Good healing job Reggie.