De

kittymow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
New here.ive tried this De food grade also it works .but noticed it's a very touchy situation with him breathing.even did it with a cone.but lot better than that rev plus .I actually thought I was killing my cat with that.i also tried the oils like petarmor ear mite and tick .with aloe.i noticed with this there was a scaly skin disorder happing allover his head .crazy. like a allergic reaction .so I stopped the oils doing the de.but very little .makes since .when I found out about de I thought it was amazing .but it may be very dangerous on respiratory system .my cat was actually trying to cover his nose all the time and this was very little I put in his ears .but it did kill them with the one flea can't believe he had.so if u have sensitive cat becareful .this de .u need to look what it really is made of .like charred glass very tiny to break down skeletal body .it's very weird what it really is .oh I've used 1/2 apple cider vinegar it works .if u can't give ur cat a bath.ya this is a on going ordeal with a feral I made friends with born on my deck. abandoned.now he's very friendly .can't bring him inside because I have a male fixed that thinks he owns the place.has his own bedroom gets mad at me when I go in there move stuff around.its funny.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Please stop putting DE directly on your cat. It can damage lungs, nasal passages, eyes etc. it's meant to be put on your floor or under furniture to prevent pests or help with an infestation or stop pests coming in. It's to be used in areas where it doesn't get kicked up often (like under a TV unit or tucked into your baseboards). It can be safely used around cats but should never be applied to the body.

Aloe is toxic to cats. Please never use on your cat. Aloe

Apple cider vinegar will sting on cuts and sores.

To flea bath a cat, you should use soap safe for cats.