De-Sexed Male Cat "Performing" on me!!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be careful with your choice of stuffed toy. Kitty was obviously NOT impressed with the one I got him.

He does the 'clean up down there' after too. I`m guessing they`re programmed to clean up after whether they have their 'nads or not!

chowchow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so relieved to read that it seems to be a very common occurrence among neutered male cats! I was looking for this very topic because of our neutered male, Sultan, has tried at least twice to hump Swee'Pea, our spayed female cat, and we were perplexed as to why he'd be aroused! We've been seeing Swee'Pea brush herself against him affectionately, then stand in front of him with her butt in front of his face with her tail high up -- anyone know if spayed females get flirty? They both got fixed late.

mrjonah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jaffacake, I had a good giggle over that picture - you're right. He does NOT look impressed!

chowchow, if Swee'Pea was fixed late too I guess it would make sense that she would do the same thing too.

I know it's not the same instance but when Isaac wants to play with Gibson he will do this little dance around him where he turns his butt to Gibsons face and backs up into him while looking back at him...I've wondered why he's doing this. Not a mating type thing but he certainly likes to show Gibson his back end...?

spookzilla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know who looks less thrilled in that picture, the cat or the dog who is anticipating what the cat might do to him

I think my Oliver has been reading this thread because lately he has taken things to a new level--literally and figuratively. He used to be content to just knead for a few minutes (with the occasional attempt at something more
) but the last few nights after his kneading under my arm while I lie in bed he had crawled up almost to my head and has been biting at me and making these horrible yowling sounds. This freaks me out and I sit up when he starts which sends him running.

My DH (who is usually very patient will all the cats) summed it up best when he stated "we'll have none of that kinky stuff".