DD's Bilbo is missing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Faith called me half an hour ago to say Bilbo has been found. After all the supposed 'sightings' he was locked in a shed about one hundred yards from home. Faith herself walked past the shed a number of times on her searches, and she sent out emails to everyone on campus including the Bursar, whose shed it is.

What happened tonight was that Ben, another teacher at the school who knows Bilbo well, heard him crying from inside, and went to get the shed unlocked. He recognised Bilbo and took him straight to Faith's house ( she had left keys hidden and told everyone in case this situation arose). He is thin and frightened but seems OK. Another friend is going round tonight to stay in the flat, so that Bilbo is not alone.

I have told Faith that this is not enough - he needs a vet check-up and probably sub-Q fluids and glucose shots, with professional monitoring if he has not eaten or drunk properly for up to ten days. So I have called the lady from the Cats Protection League and she is going round early in the morning to take him to the vet and then to the cattery where his sister is staying. That way he will be looked after by professionals and his intake of food and water regulated for the next 48 hours till Faith gets home.

But what good news! And it seems that all the sightings were false alarms. There must be a glut of small b/w cats with blue collars out there. Faith can at least enjoy the last full day of her trip without worry and his return is only one day after her birthday.

Thank you all for your support and vibes, I am sure they make a difference. I will update when I know how he is.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!! That poor baby boy!!!
He was starving to death and no one knew

I hope he gets to the vets soon and that there is nothing seriously wrong. The poor thing must be skin and bone

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH thank GOODNESS he was found!
MEGA prayers and vibes no permanent damage has been done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet no one will be closing up that shed without checking ever again!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow... how scary for Bilbo and your daughter... that he is no worse for the wear ... nothing more than a little thin and dehydrated.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bilbo has been declared OK by the vet, so now we wait to see if he eats and drinks normally over the next couple of days. He is in the cattery, reunited with Mina, his sister, and the girls there are taking special care of him. So it looks as if all is going to be well. It has cost me a pot of chicken curry - last night I left a bowl of delicious curry that I had made to eat over the weekend on the counter to cool before putting it in the fridge. But then the call came from Faith and I forgot all about my supper. This morning there were bones and curry sauce all over the floor. Oh well, it is a small price to pay, and it does not seem to have done anyone any harm.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's terrific news, especially since the vet has given him a clean bill of health. Poor baby, he must have been the loneliest cat in the world those ten days.

It's a shame about your dinner, but I imagine the fur kids really enjoyed the unexpected treat.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!!! So glad to hear this!!!!

A bowl of chicken curry for a cat.........I'd do it!!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All right!!! What wonderful news! And I'm so glad he's been given a clean bill of health. Now he just needs to repair his poor shattered nerves. I'm sure Mum's return will help that.

Too bad about your dinner -- what a lovely treat for your babes!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad someone heard him cry and he was found. Unbelievable that he was in that shed so near this whole time. I am very happy to hear he got a good report from the vet and is safe at home
So much for chicken curry!!!!!!!!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Bilbo has been declared OK by the vet, so now we wait to see if he eats and drinks normally over the next couple of days. He is in the cattery, reunited with Mina, his sister, and the girls there are taking special care of him. So it looks as if all is going to be well. It has cost me a pot of chicken curry - last night I left a bowl of delicious curry that I had made to eat over the weekend on the counter to cool before putting it in the fridge. But then the call came from Faith and I forgot all about my supper. This morning there were bones and curry sauce all over the floor. Oh well, it is a small price to pay, and it does not seem to have done anyone any harm.

Welll... at least somebody(ies) had a good dinner!

Hope Bilbo ends up just fine.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great news about Bilbo!! I'm so glad that he's seen the vet. And you are a terrific kitty mom to make a special treat of chicken curry just for your fur babies to enjoy!
I bet they all think you are the "cat's meow!"

What are you cooking for them next week?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Faith and both cats are now back home and all is well. She says Bilbo is very thin and his fur is dull but his eyes are bright and he is eating and drinking OK and does not seem to be dehydrated, though she is getting him to drink as much as possible. He is quiet,not like him, and just wants sleep and loving, which both Faith and Mina are giving him in abundance. Mina is really happy to have him back and keeps curled up beside him. So all has ended well.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Of course he wants lots of sleep (at HOME) and lots of love and cuddles! Faith must never have been so happy to be home.

...and
that your kitties got such a wonderful celebration for Bilbo's health news!