Days after neutering..

thelifeofzeus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It bothers me a lot not knowing my kittens thoughts or desires. Help me understand him better. When it comes to animals.. I'm a 100 times more compassionate, as opposed to humans.

So the morning after his operation, both his eyes had a little gunk.. was he crying? Just that bugged me, and we always had to nudge him away from his genetials to not lick them and undo the stitch or whatever they used. So we brought him to the vet to let him stay for 4 nights while it heals and he remains in a cone. There was renovations going on outside our place and it was my sisters birthday, so it seemed liked the right thing to do.

It's just.. what's going on in his head? We neuter him, toss him with strangers and other cats and constant dogs barking for 4 nights. I would like to know the honest truth or a good estimate as to what he thought, I'm sure we have some good cat readers here. Been thinking about his thoughts for 4 days now.

Anywho, he's back home now exploring the place and sniffing everything. He barely ate any of the food we left with him at the vet.. weighs quite a bit less. He seems to be slowly coming around., mind you we just got him back today.

Oh Zeus, Zeusyboy, Zeusyfruits, Love ya soooo much!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your Zeus must be very happy to be home after the ordeal he's been thru. What a brave boy! 

But I am surprised how long it took to recover from such a simple surgery. Were there complications? None of my males needed a cone or even noticed any "missing" parts. 
 They were up an about in a matter of a few hours after the operation.  

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

thelifeofzeus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As soon as he got home from surgery, we kept him busy with a neko wand so that he wouldn't lick or bite at his stitches. And he was moving like nothing happened, no jumps of course. I thought the wanting to lick was just normal behavior. The vet time was to heal and be away from construction noises, damn that cone sucks!!!

Any who, everythings back to normal! Yay!