Day 65 of my sweet Luna's pregnancy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sphynx momma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can anyone recommend how to get a newborn kitten to latch on? Took me several hours the other day to get the first 2 latched on and now with 3 of them fighting for the same teat this could be challenging!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try to direct the newest kitten to a different nipple. The first two kittens have likely chosen their favorite nipples, so those will be off-limits to the newcomer!

I'm so sorry the one kitten was stillborn. It's always sad to see that.

44 hours is not too bad. I've seen cats go 5 days in between! I'm just glad she had them.

Please keep us updated on their progress. Are you weighing the kittens daily? Can you remove the rings from their necks? They are not recommended for safety reasons.

The family is just stunning! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sphynx momma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can't believe these little guys are almost 7 wks old already!
One of the boys gave me quite a scare this week! He started to fade and was sure I lost him on Sunday. But I can say with the help of an angel ............she showed and set me up with everything I needed to give him subcutaneous fluids he has made an amazing recovery. He spent 6 days in the "I SEE U" a tote that was set up like an incubator where he received milk replacement feedings every 2-3 hrs as well as subcutaneous fluids every 4-5hrs.
So happy to say he has spent the last 2 nights with momma and his siblings and is nursing from momma again so only getting KMR 3x a day to help him catch back up!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Whew! That was a close call! Glad all is well now! [emoji]128077[/emoji]