Dating online?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My profile was totally unprovocative - a 60 year old woman writing a sexy profile would be ridiculous! It was basically about loving cats and horses and buying a house in the country, but needing good friends online and to share my interests and visit me sometimes (as good friends!). But some people seemed to take it as an invitation to have sex online.

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've often thought about trying online dating, but I think I'm just too pessamistic. I've spoken to people in chat rooms, and I always worry that they're not who they say they are or that they're married. Most people I've spoken to also seem to get very pushy very early on, wanting to know exactly where you live and work, and that always rings huge warning bells for me.

I'm a very stay-at-home kinda person, I prefer nights in with a film and a glass of wine to nights in a noisy pub, so meeting new people isn't a regular occurance. But, I think you can tell so much from body language and that puts me off an online meeting a great deal. Then again, who knows! Never say never!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've met some weirdos on the net that I wouldn't dare meet in person!

I don't do internet dating of course going to school I tend to go out with people my own age