Dark wound/scab on cat’s nose bridge

peppercade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We haven’t gotten the cat as it’s newly purchased but it’s gotten this new scab over the past week in the pet shop. The owners are unsure as to what it is and how she got it as well.

She lives alone in a plastic cubicle, so it can’t be from other cats or the cage itself. The wound does not seem to hurt to touch. Anyone has any idea what it could be and whether it’ll leave a permanent scar?
A57083AB-CADE-4E54-A168-D9CB3740A9B7.jpeg
AA13BD53-B915-433B-9FB3-2C5BE69F3286.jpeg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is adorable! The wound is most likely from rubbing against the cage somewhere, or rubbing or running against something. They usually heal fine with a little wound healing ointment or spray, applied with a clean rag to be more precise and not get it in her eyes. Even antibiotic salve would help. I have seen scarring on the face but it was always from a wound that involved deep damage to the skin, lacerated or torn skin, which damaged the skin integrity itself. I think she will heal fine, but any wound that involves hair loss in a cat takes a long time, several weeks to months.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peppercade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is adorable! The wound is most likely from rubbing against the cage somewhere, or rubbing or running against something. They usually heal fine with a little wound healing ointment or spray, applied with a clean rag to be more precise and not get it in her eyes. Even antibiotic salve would help. I have seen scarring on the face but it was always from a wound that involved deep damage to the skin, lacerated or torn skin, which damaged the skin integrity itself. I think she will heal fine, but any wound that involves hair loss in a cat takes a long time, several weeks to months.
Thank you for this! It was very helpful :happycat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peppercade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, do you happen to know if cats have discolouration on their skin too (akin to acne marks)?