Dark Spot At The Base Of Tail

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Duchess has a dark brown spot at the base of the tail :/ I dont know how long its been there, but I only saw it today. It's oval in shape and quite long.

As far as I can tell, it's the base of the fur that's dark and maybe her skin. I'm not sure if its her skin that's dark too. She kept running from me, but she doesn't cry out in pain or anything when I touch it.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

IMG_8336.JPG

IMG_4780.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ive been watching her and she doesnt seem bothered by it. She's not licking it at all.

EDIT: Ive just realised it actually runs down her entire tail. Guess its just her normal coloration then right? Just weird i never noticed sooner.

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, I don't know. In the 2nd picture it sort of looks like there are black flecks. Maybe it's just the picture and not really there? If there truly aren't any flecks in her fur, then it may be just "her", and if so, isn't she spectacular :loveeyes:. Seems odd, though,that you never noticed it before, huh? Is she pretty new to your household?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I don't know. In the 2nd picture it sort of looks like there are black flecks. Maybe it's just the picture and not really there? If there truly aren't any flecks in her fur, then it may be just "her", and if so, isn't she spectacular :loveeyes:. Seems odd, though,that you never noticed it before, huh? Is she pretty new to your household?
Yeah, it is weird cause I've even bathed her and I never noticed. But she's a bicolor and her mask has been getting darker these past 2 weeks- the color on the tail is the same shade of greyish brown that her mask and ears are now. They used to be light brown before. So I guess her entire tail will be this color eventually? Her tail used to be mostly white.

There aren't any black flecks, just the color.

Thanks for your help!