Dark Side of Cats?

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ok this quote from this guy made me angry:

"the photos on this website reveal the clumsy and unclean interiors that your average cat owner inhabits: open food containers, dirty laundry, gigantic television screens, old couches everywhere."

Excuse me??? My apartment is very clean and I have new couches! And I have seen tons of Dog owners whose houses are just as bad if not even worse with tuffs of dog fur everywhere and torn apart chew toys and what about those cow hooves and pig ears and snouts that some owners give them pardon me but

claydust

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, this character is getting attention, perhaps that was the intent, some people crave that.

However these very odd and backward ideas persist in this era which is supposedly well informed and educated.

IMHO, the basic negative attitudes towards cats expressed by people in modern times show how little they have progressed from my ancestors in the middle ages that thought all that nonsense like cats being in league with the devil.....etc.

In reality, it is just a small, preditory animal of surprising intelligence that is easily tamed and when tamed, usually craves human attention. Its major concern is getting said attention, being fed and having a secure, comfortable place to sleep. I think anyone ascribing evil or supernatural powers or behaviour to them is delusional.

I did not author this quote but in this case, it could apply; "the more people I meet, the more I prefer the company of my cats"

jupeycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering if this website is actually for real, I mean it sounds like he's just trying to get people worked up which is working! Believe me, normally I'd be very angry at the racist and sexist comments that I read on some of his pages but that's what this guy wants so I can't it seriously. He's like a great big troll and his site is not getting any more hits from me!

clowangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, I'm not even a huge cat person. I'm more an animal lover as a whole. But this guy seriously makes me angry. I am spitting mad! Where does he get off...#(*%YW##&%*$!!!

chinacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Stephenson Billings is an Investigative Journalist, Motivational Children's Party Entertainer and Antique Soda Bottle Collector all in one special, blessed package!
I think this says it all, but this is my favourite bit,

These are ungrateful and unresponsive animals that spend their days lazing around the house from one spot of sunlight to the next. They contribute very little to family life and tend to shun your attempts at friendship and training. Many an individual has come home to find their last roll of toilet paper mockingly destroyed by these little monsters

Given the choice between Mr. Billings and a house full of cats count me in with the 'crazy cat ladies'!

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
<<The cat totally is in league with chthonian nature, Christianityâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s mortal enemy.>>

In C.S Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia- which has some VERY strong Christian themes, Aslan, who is one of the main charactors is a lion.

Aslan saves Edmund from the White Witch.
Why did he use a lion to portray Christ? Maybe the same reason why MANY different religions, books etc use a lion to portray Christ.

Last time I checked- cats and lions are related.

Cheryl

mickeycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree, that guy's an idiot. Cats are not evil or anything like he described. Maybe that blogger was trying to write something that sounded scary for halloween, idk.

I have always said, and this is my own quote, "Heaven will be no heaven if my cats are not there with me."

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vampcow

Excuse me??? My apartment is very clean and I have new couches! And I have seen tons of Dog owners whose houses are just as bad if not even worse with tuffs of dog fur everywhere and torn apart
my residence is nice too

I have seen residences with no pets at all that look like a tornado hit