Dark brown eye crust in corners of eyes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gotcha.

Sorry all for the late reply. My laptop is being sent for repairs right now.

Bagel's eyes has become more watery and he's a lot more congested. No green/yellow discharge, everything is clear. He's having a hard time eating though despite all the tricks I pull off. I had to try force feeding him yesterday but he was so much in distress after half way I had to give up.

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Been syringe feeding him all day. I too came down with the sickness so it's been quite difficult. Please send some positive vibes for both of us... Will be calling the vet tomorrow, as he barely can eat on his own.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! Is he in the air conditioned room or non air conditioned? Hope you both feel better soon!

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's in the non air conditioned room...  I'm calling the vet tomorrow as steaming/fish based foods/warming up the food doesn't really help at all. No cloudy or colored discharge, so I'm not sure if the vet will want me to bring him in tomorrow. I'm hoping syringe feeding him baby food/freeze-dried raw/with KMR and chicken stock will help him get through this.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

It sounds like he's not got a secondary bacterial infection? :dk: The albon wouldn't be the correct antibiotic for that, it treats the coccidia. Poor baby might need another antibiotic. :(

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: for both of you!

Last edited:

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey may have a secondary infection, what puzzles me is that none of the discharge is colored. I'm definitely going to call tomorrow though as he is now sleeping with his mouth open because he can't breathe from his nose.

Sigh. :sigh:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, I know. :dk:

The steamy bathroom not helping the congestion?

I guess sometimes things get worse before they get better. Maybe fighting the coccidia allowed the virus to get worse for a bit here....

:hugs: :rub: :vibes:

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, the steamy bathroom isn't helping... My next syringe feeding is in an hour. He looks so miserable. 

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The apartment has been pretty cool actually, around the mid 70's and we have a few windows open.

BTW, sorry my responses have been pretty short. Repairing my laptop and only have access to internet via phone which I hate. LOL 

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No problem about the responses. I was technologically challenged pretty much all of July so I understand the frustration there. It's been nice until the past few weeks here on the coast of Georgia, so not knowing how your weather has been and it's August...just thought I would ask!

I would call my vet tomorrow morning. He may need something to help him breathe as well as an antibiotic.

Last edited:

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's not uncommon for kittens to have multiple problems when adopted from a shelter (parasites and an URI).  I really hope you both feel better soon and are able to get some meds for him in the morning.  Poor baby!!

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well both Bagel and I have been still sick. Bagel is actually a bit more active today, but still congested. Me? Oh, I feel miserable! I can't help but to feel bad because Bagel hates being syringe fed, but... he needs the nutrition yanno?

Vet appointment secured for tomorrow.

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm back! Fixed up the laptop and I'm all good now. 

Took Bagel to the vet today and got a script for Clavamox as I predicted. Vet was actually extremely happy that I've been syringe feeding him. He will eat very tiny amounts by himself now but it's still not enough. I try to syringe feed him at least the two important meals of his day (the ones that contain lysine, probiotics, omega 3's.) Hopefully he gets better sooner than later. Lox is getting cabin fever!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you've got an antibiotic for Bagel and I hope it does the trick!  Get some rest and hope you're both feeling better soon!

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update!

I'd say Bagel is doing MUCH MUCH better now. He's so energetic, it's hard to think how he was so sick a few weeks ago. I'm glad he's better now. Negative coccidia too! 

I'll still be giving Lysine and the Nexabiotic Probiotic for a while just in case but otherwise things are going really well. Now if I can only get him used to grooming (I made another thread for it) I'd be satisfied LOL.