Daphne's Spay

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bonnie, I have just managed to come and see about your baby girl. Helen (Bella713) has been updating me on her because I am somewhat squeamish.

Both of my girl kittys tried to pull their stitches out. One tolerated an e collar and her healing was good and one REFUSED to wear the collar and succeeded in pulling her stitches out. They then used staples, which she also pulled out.

Let me know if you have any questions I might be able to answer. And sending BIG VIBES for Daphne. Cats heal very quickly, so she should be fine!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, Bonnie... I'm sorry this is such a misery for you and your little darlin. It's so hard to see them hurting!
Please give little Daphne a nosekiss for me...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took her in this morning for her 3 day checkup. They said she was fine
She will have to wear the collar until the stitches come out since she cannot be trusted to leave them alone. She did rip them a bit. Stitches come out next Tuesday - I'll be there bright and early!

Today when I went to work I left the cats together. Seb is afraid, or wary, of Daphne's collar. Took me awhile to figure that out. Must look like a Halloween costume to him.

Daph usually wakes me each morning with kitty kisses. Since Sunday, she wakes me with a collar bonking all over my face. She loves me - ouch!

Otherwise, she is learning to get around. It is amazing how adaptable they are.

Pami, if your girl pulled them all out, how did she heal? What solution did you come up with? That had to be a huge pain for you

Thanks again everyone. Never thought I would be so nervous. It took her awhile to get over the anestetic (sp?). Now that I know what that was, I'll be better prepared in the future.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad the situation is under control now... poor little girl, after seeing how violently our Dylan reacted to the collar, I know it must be very upsetting to kitties. I'm so glad Daphne has accepted it!

Dylan's paw stitches come out tomorrow evening at 6:00... I'm so eager to see if everything has healed all right for our big fella.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Pami, if your girl pulled them all out, how did she heal? What solution did you come up with? That had to be a huge pain for you
Im so glad shes doing better. Poor Seb too having to adjust to Daphne and her collar. Hopefully this next week will pass quickly and things can get back to to normal for you guys.

Laura had to stay at the vet
She pulled out her stitches, she was thrashing on the floor with e collar, she pulled out her staples, twice, so they then kept her there to observe her and administer pain meds to her.
That was a rough week.