Daphne- Temperature- Hasn't eaten for two days!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zazi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jcat, well... i'm all "chopin"ed out but today she ate a little on her own. If i put a bowl infront of her she will take a few bites and lick up some sauce. She has not started to eat on her own yet.

However, when we are both under the blanket that i have put over the armchair "her tent" and feeling quite comfortable she will lck quite a substantial amount of food off my finger until she is full. We can get through about 1/4 cup of liver, tuna & chicken paste in this manner and it is FAAAAR less messy than the syringe, and less stressful than force feeding.

I spoke with the vet yesterday and he asked if she seemed sick. She doesn't. She is bright. Cheery. A little miffed at being in doors but over all in good spirits and quite active. But cats, i've heard are very good at hiding illness so ... who knows. If she has not started to eat on her own two days after the antibios end then we take her in for some tests again.

She also started to drink on her own last night.

I'm just concerned that she is not eating on her own.

I wonder if it could be that, like the litter, i need to make another "tent" for her to eat in. Perhaps she doesn't feel safe enough to eat from her bowl even though it is in a corner of the room.

I wil try that shortly.
I will try practically anything right now.
If you told me i had to put in a clown suit, stand on my head and whistle a happy tune i'd do that too!!

Thanks for your concern.
I presumed that no one was keeping up with this thread as it had been so quiet lately.