Danielle is in the hospital

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Danielle is in the hospital. She need tests. She has a strange looking polyp in her ear, that is bluish in color, and needs to be biopsied. They have to do a complete scope of her ear, and she has to be sedated. They are also, at my request, taking X-rays of her head, chest and tummy.

I am devastated. This is the joy of owning a pet?????? She has suffered soooooo much.

What if she has cancer???

At the office they told me that often these polpys are benign. And maybe her itching are mites that have burrowed deep into her ear. That is what the scope is partly for.

I am terrified.

I call for the results tomorrow, and they will tell me if what she has is treatable or if she is okay.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Val! How terrible for you and poor Danielle! I hope everything turns out okay. I'm pulling for you! Danielle is so lucky to have a wonderful Mom like you who will get her the medical care she needs. Hugs and Smiles across the miles from me and my Fur Family.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vjoy
I am so sorry that Danielle has developed another problem. She is a very tough little cat, hopefully the polyp in her ear is benign. Please let us know the results of the tests.

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Boy you sure haven't had it easy w/ your new furbaby have you??? I feel so bad for you. I'm sure whatever she has is treatable, and that she will recover just fine. Keep your chin up, and you are in all our thoughts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you Melissa, Lorie, dtolle,....

I have no words right now. I just want it to be tomorrow so I can call the hospital.

Thanks again.

nightsowindy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to let you know that I hope everything is alright with your little froofball
I'm thinking of you guys and I'm praying that your little girl is going to be okay

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooh that poor girl!! Rene just had that happen to one of her cats. Tweedle is a Curl who's ears don't curl. He had to have it removed but they couldn't get the whole thing. The lab results came back and it was not cancer. I hope this is her case as well. I still just sit and think that it was such a wonderful thing that she went home with you!!!

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you Sandie and Christina...

My husband and I have been in tears all evening with worry.

I need my baby.

Sorry to vent.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope everything turns out wonderfully for you and that very soon you'll have a happy healthy Danelle kitty curling around your feet again! My prayers are with you!

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Val. I know this whole medical situation with Danielle has not been easy for you, but I can't help but think how poor little Danielle was suffering before you and hubby became her family. I am praying that you get good news from the hospital. The illnesses sure are not the fun part of being a mom to a kitty. You are truly dedicated to her and I know she has a grateful heart for you and hubby!

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Barb and Debra, Thank you

I call the hospital today. I am praying that everything is okay and we can pick her up later today. It was sooo sad waking up this morning and there is no little baby here to greet me.

I will post the results after I call. I hope that her ears are fine,(If there are mites deep in the membrane, the Vet said that can be cured),that there are no malignant polyps, and her X-rays are normal. Rationally I know that is probably what is happening. But my rational goes out the window, and I am expecting all sorts of horrible things. OY!

Thank you everyone for your support. I know each and everyone of you understand what this is like.

I appologize for not reading many of the other postings on the forum yesterday and today. My brain just can't focus. I will catch up when I can, on the rest.

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, I called for results.

They have only done lab tests and an EKG on her so far.
They turned out fine.

She is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning,and they will also take the X-rays then too.

I am to call between 2:00 and 3:00 for the results.

The Doc said we will get her back home on either Tuesday or Wednesday., The biopsy will take at least 4 days, so we will have her back before we know the results.

I am a wreck. And Poor Danielle....she MUST think we have abandoned her!!!! I can't stand that thought of her terrified and alone.....She wants her safe home with mommy and daddy...

mandycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Am sure there are many prayers going out besides mine that Danielle's surgery will go fine tomorrow. We'll all be anxious to hear that she is back in her loving home where she belongs.

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi and thank you guys....

A friend just told me that since Dani's lab results came back normal, that would mean that there is very little chance she has cancer. She told me that if Dani did, certain things in her blood would be elevated, and they look for that.

Does anyone have an opinion on that?

Thanks.

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Val - I think her white count would have been elevated if CA ws present.
I am so glad her tests are good so far......

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks Debra...

For two days I have been a nonfunctional lump on the couch, with glazed over eyes from too much TV. I can't focus on anything else but my baby.....

OOH dear I don't handle this well...

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Val, that is absolutely correct. I don't know "cat" medicine at all, but in humans that would be right on the money. For example, if a person had a tumor or something that they have biopsied, obviously they would test the actual tumor, and they would also do blood work. For instance, if the tumor is cancerous you may show elevated white blood cells in your blood count, etc.
I would think it would be the same in all animals as well. So its a good sign!!

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Val.*lump on the couch* is not a bad title to hold once in a while! You are worried about your baby and that is OK.

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
**Lump on the Couch**
Sounds Delightful!!!!!!! One of my favorite things to do! Debra is sooooo right! I say enjoy it while you can, and besides, pretty soon Danielle will be home and you'll be very busy taking care of her and chasing her around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lump around all you wish!