Dancing With The Stars V - Starts Tonight!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought the results show was great so was last night but I can't believe Jennie and Derek went home! that performance by the lords of dance was awesome too.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
it was a tough call between Jennie and Marie, but as long as Helio and Mel stayed I was happy! Next is Freestyle!!

Loved the dance by Sabrina and Mark
Michael Flatley was also amazing, I coundn't believe how they stayed in perfect synchronicity!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny went home....
this is going to be one terrific finale.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go Mel and Maks!

Yep, I am sure Marie was right. All the Osmond votes are keeping her in.

And the flying feet of Michael Flatley!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight's the finals!!! Two dances - one assigned and one free style.

BTW - has anyone tried voting? Everytime I have called, I've gotten a busy signal.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://peoplefalltv.wordpress.com/20...s-topheadlines

I guess I sort of agree with the article. The freestyle dances were a bit disappointing. I wish they would give up on hiphop for freestyle! (IMO) But I'm not a choreographer. I just know what I enjoy watching. (I would love to see something done to excerpts from Gershwin's Rhapsody In Blue.)

The results show should be interesting to see if the voters kept Marie in the top two.

Personally, I think Mel should win.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was VERY diappointed in those freestyle dances, although Helio and Julianne's was the best choreographed, but Helio seemed like he was really running on empty, not very lively, but I think he was just worried about he lifts
His jive was a bit disappointing too. He is who I want to win though

I wasn't really liking Marie's attitude last night, kinda like she didn't care what the judges thought?

Mel did good on her cha-cha, but that freestyle was awful awful awful! In fact, if you think back, every time Maks and his partner have gotten into the finals their freestyle has sucked
Maks just can't do freestyle!

oh ETA: I called in last night and got in 1 vote, I think you were allowed to get 3? but after that 1 vote I got the message that I got fulfilled my vote limit

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Isnt this the semi finals? That article is saying the mirrored ball will be awarded tonight. I thought they will do that next week?

Go Mel and Maks

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
nope, it's tonight, they'll reveal the top 2 tonight and then they'll do a final dance and the judges will decide who wins the trophy
IMO, even if Marie makes it to the final 2, those judges will not give the trophy to her, no way, no how!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was very dissappointed last night too........and I love Marie. What was she thinking??

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Go Mel and Maks
I love Maks boyish sense of humor....
could care less that he is handsome and a great dancer with an incredible body.

Mel & Maks

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am disappointed .... I dont think Helio was a better dancer than Mel. She is just a naturally fantastic dancer.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not surprised Helio won. Just extremely disappointed. The ladies need a champion!

Do you think Sabrina could have won had she made it to the finals? (Loved that she and Mark reprised their cha-cha-cha.
)

Originally Posted by xocats

I love Maks boyish sense of humor....
could care less that he is handsome and a great dancer with an incredible body.

Mel & Maks
Yeah, me too.

Oh, and anyone else enjoy the impromptu stripping by Cameron and the others.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am disappointed too...
it was time for a woman to win.

In a way, I think a woman did win, unoffically...
Julianne is simply amazing.

The best pro on the show by far.
She brings out the best in her partners.

Sorry Maks.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree regarding Mel being the better dancer. I think what it came down to, since the judges votes were so-o-o-o close, was simply the fan base. I think that Mel's fan base was smaller than Helio's. Look at Marie Osmond - she really should have never lasted as long as she did - based on her dancing ability alone - please, Marie fans, don't yell at me - I like her too, - but she was very appealing and had a huge following that kept her in the "game" longer than her skills alone could have. I also agree, that Julianne is an amazing dancer and really does make her partners much better than they are!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think Helio deserved to win because he had no previous dancing experience while Mel did, when I look at it in that light, Helio achieved far more than Mel did
Mel was a fabulous dancer, don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed watching her.

Julianne is an amazing dancer I really hope she returns for the next season

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so happy to see Helio and Julianne win!! I was rooting for them, although I thought Mel did very well too. I liked Marie but I don't think she deserved to be in the final two. I agree about Julianne, what a wonderful dancer! I think I heard she's only 18?? Wow, she's magnificent.