Dancing Cat

dvanguilder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is sooo funny!
What a sight that must be.

Which reminds me to use my exercise equipment that I just bought. Yikes. I wonder how my kitty will react.

Dorina

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi and what a beautiful name you have
I think your kitty is absolutely 100% acting like a very happy kitty...(the way it should be!)

Murphy and Opie (my kitties) act the same way and do very similar things as your baby does...they all have some things that they do and some of them are just happy (as a pig in you know where) doing nothing at all, but hangin out!

It's just that this way, it's so cunning that their personality will be so gregarious towards you; hence, own you more than you ever been owned before! :laughing2:LOL::laughing2

Love & Hugs,
Catarina

mary13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMO the kneading is a hangover from kittenhood and nursing behaviour. Some neutered males will paddle with their back legs when happy, it's an instinctive remnant of mating behaviour.
Re the claw clipping, it's not necessary unless the cat is old and gets no or very little exercise. When you clip a cat's claws probably the first thing he or she will do is go somewhere to resharpen them, in fact adding to the furniture scratching problem if there is one. Clipping merely breaks the outer shell of the claw, the cat will attempt to remove the rest of the casing to expose a nice new claw. Cats shed their claws naturally and fairly frequently - you might at times notice the shell of one where the cat has been lying. It helps all cats and often your furniture to have a scratching post. My cats are indoor/outdoor but use an indoor scratching post quite a lot.

midnightbride

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mary:

Thanks for the explanation of the paddling with the hind legs. This is the first male cat I ever saw do this. At least now I know he's not completely crazy! I guess it's nice to know he's happy that often!!

Donna