Daisy and Venetia

venetiakelley

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, glad to be here. My name is Venetia. I am 62. My cat’s name is Daisy: she is 19, and has Kidney disease and hyperthyroidism. She is a sweetie. We lost her sister Bo (a tuxedo cat), last year; she had the same illnesses, except her Kidney disease had progressed into Kidney failure( that was hard). We are still grieving her. Anyway, that is a whole story in itself. I recently gave Daisy subcutaneous fluids (lactate ringers), she had a fit!!! She did not like the experience; I didn’t either. I was nervous and unsure; as I had never done it before. Been researching. I want to try the syringe method next time. I’m go to use the Terumo Sureflow Winged Extension Set. Has any of you use this? Also, I want to use something to calm her down and relax her. Any suggestions…?? We are in Oregon. Looking forward to interacting with you all. Take care.
73D62662-CF88-4B40-93C9-228FB47525A6.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

venetiakelley

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, glad to be here. My name is Venetia. I am 62. My cat’s name is Daisy: she is 19, and has Kidney disease and hyperthyroidism. She is a sweetie. We lost her sister Bo (a tuxedo cat), last year; she had the same illnesses, except her Kidney disease had progressed into Kidney failure( that was hard). We are still grieving her. Anyway, that is a whole story in itself. I recently gave Daisy subcutaneous fluids (lactate ringers), she had a fit!!! She did not like the experience; I didn’t either. I was nervous and unsure; as I had never done it before. Been researching. I want to try the syringe method next time. I’m go to use the Terumo Sureflow Winged Extension Set. Has any of you use this? Also, I want to use something to calm her down and relax her. Any suggestions…?? We are in Oregon. Looking forward to interacting with you all. Take care.View attachment 407004
Sorry for the typos.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello to you both! Daisy is a beauty!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
depositphotos_100748474-stock-illustration-cat-with-hello.jpg
Venetia and Daisy, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
83b628873c7a2419b34230feadd8daf9.jpg
to both you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

We are so
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear about Bo :alright: You may want to pay a tribute to her here in crossing-the-bridge.19

Daisy is a beautiful gal! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Do post more photos of her and we have a special thread here just for her here in post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and many fun thread here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to you both!

We have a lot of members with Sub-Q experience. Your best bet would be to start a thread in our HEalth forum with your questions. :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Daisy is pawsitively gorgeous. :catlove:

Sorry she's having health issues. Hopefully you'll a treatment that she will tolerate and be easy to administer.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings! Awesome to have you join us! :grouphug: Condolences for your loss, and there are definitely some great health forums here to help you :) Your kitty is absolutely lovely!