Daily Thread Tuesday 12/7/2011

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Morning all!

I'm in the office today and sneezing my fool head off already. The air quality in here is TERRIBLE.
We dropped foster Portia off at the vet this morning for her spay and I felt SO bad for her kitten, Beau, as he was crying for her from the foster room.
He'll be so lonely today, but I couldn't let him out because I wouldn't want any of my cats to hurt him, just in case.

After supper tonight we'll be going to visit my best friend and her new baby who are home from Cape Breton. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not too keen on babies...
I'm really happy for her though.

After that I have to stop off at my aunt's and pick up my Avon order. Mmmmm bubble bath...

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love AVON bubble bath, it's seriously like the best you can buy!

Poor Beau
He'll be anxious to have his mama home again

It's another HOT and HUMID day here today, did I mention HUMID?? Gross!
Going to try and stay cool throughout the day, then I think we will go out for supper, ice cream and take the boys to the water park....gotta work tonight.

I hate humid days, they make me miserable.

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a busy day, Kailie!

Good morning, all. At least, I think it's a morning. I'm about 75% asleep so it's hard to tell.
I miss the days (ha, punny) when I was nocturnal and didn't have to be at the office until 3:30pm... going to bed at 6am and still getting a full 8 hours! It's been almost 3 months since I transitioned into a new role, but my body hasn't caught on yet.

Today is a deadline day at work so we'll likely have to stay late. Fun.

I'm running late because my clothes didn't dry overnight. Of course, if I didn't wait until I've worn my very last stitch of clean clothing to wash my clothes, I could just put on something else.
Unfortunately everything that's clean is still damp in the dryer, and I'm late to work!
Still, it's my fault. And it is nice to have extra time to wake up, even if it's at the expense of a couple PTO hours.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Morning Friends!

Found some interesting information out about Tabitha's first family. I was talking to our pet sitter last night about a kitty for whom she was trying to find a home. I had emailed her about Tabby and she told me last night that a client "close to us" had a cat that recently gave births to two kittens and that the kittens had really nasty ear mites. The woman didn't seem all that concerned about them. My sitter didn't want to tell me b/c she was afraid I would try to call them to see if they wanted Tabby back. And they wanted Tabby to stay with us. (We don't know if the people put the kittens outside or if Tabby accidentally got out and wandered her way to our neighbor's house. But we're pretty sure it's the same kitten.)

Anyway, DH and I were sitting on the couch last night trying to eat pizza and watch the news. While I was telling him about the woman, Tabby was on his lap trying to steal his slice of pizza and screaming bloody murder (and it's really funny to hear that bellowing meow coming out of a 2-pound kitten!). I told him everything and asked him if I should go to the woman to tell her that Tabby was with us. He said, "Nope, she's ours now and she isn't going anywhere!" And then he said to Tabs, "But that doesn't mean you can have my pizza! Stop!"

I was so relieved. It wasn't pretty when we decided to keep Tabby b/c we already have six cats and we've always kept it at six. And he wasn't happy that she was staying, although he realized that there was no other alternative. But now that he might have been able to give her back to her first people and he chose not to....whew, what a relief! I guess Tabitha really is a RugCat because she's not going anywhere. We just hope that if somebody comes around looking for her, our neighbors don't tell them where she's living now.

While DH mowed lawn last night, I worked on a bit of cleaning in the house. And we worked on getting ready for the yard sale coming up on Thursday. And that was our night.

Have a great Tuesday! Good luck with Portia's spay!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good afternoon. June Gloom again this morning, but it's sunny now. 70s. Not much going on today, some gardening, some job searching, some exercising... nothing exciting. I'm invited to go to a friend's house for the baseball All-Star Game tonight, but I think I'm going to have to pass because I'll either be too early or too late with Dot's thyroid pill. Kind of sucks, becuase I'm not into baseball, but the people whose house it's at are redoing their whole backyard, and are getting rid of LOTS of plants and succulents, and I'd have first pick tonight! Sigh. Oh well.... I'll think about it, if I can work something out.

Have a good day everyone!