Daily Thread Tues March 23rd

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mornin' cat folks!

Alright so winter is back today
Raining and maybe freezing rain along with colder temps.
Not super cold yet, but its coming again

Off to work in a bit. I took a break from the gym yesterday because we had no sleep Sunday night and I had other things to do. I a mgoing to try and make it tonight though.

I hope you all have a good day!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Raining here.
We've got a bit of water in the basement again, so I hope it slows down soon.

I don't know what I am doing today.
Aaron's working from home and will be on phone meeting most of the day, so it would be anything loud.

I really should do some cleaning.

Have a great day everyone!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Showery here this morning after a Monday full of rain and dreariness. After the last two weeks of 60s and 70s temps, this week seems downright chilly at the 50s or so. And Friday is not to get out of the 40s. I'll be glad for summer.

Threw my back out over the weekend, so I spent yesterday in bed under the electric blanket on High and popping Advil all day long. I know that exercise is important for my back, so I did manage to get most of my exercise routine done, which is good. And I'm back at work this morning. It's still very achy, but I'll live. (Still, on a dark and rainy Monday, lounging in bed under a warm blanket and five cats was really very nice.)

Enjoy your Tuesday!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of rain here today too. I'll take it though. It's not snow!

Not much going on here today other than work. Tonight we'll be curling up to listen to the away Sea Dogs hockey playoff game on the radio.
Hope you all have a great day!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Supposed to snow here 11 - 17 inches AGAIN! My knee tells me that there will be some snow for sure. Hubby was not feeling well in the middle of the night so he turned on the TV at 4:00 a.m. Sooooo. I've been up since 4, LOL!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its icky here wet and chilly...Ugh what a dreary week this will be. Im "working" today and making homemade chicken corn soup...numnumnum! I might be hopping to the grocery store for some baking stuff I got some good bread recipes from BFs gram yesterday so I want to test one of those out.

Everyone have a nice day today!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I don't feel so bad because it turned cold here and windy in the middle of the night. I guess we all are getting Old Man Winter making a last stand. That is okay. Summer is coming. Wow! Fishing, boating, gardening, walking, are all just waiting to happen.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

Its icky here wet and chilly...Ugh what a dreary week this will be. Im "working" today and making homemade chicken corn soup...numnumnum! I might be hopping to the grocery store for some baking stuff I got some good bread recipes from BFs gram yesterday so I want to test one of those out.

Everyone have a nice day today!
Chicken corn soup sounds really good.

This morning I went and picked up my puppy from being neutered. I am happy to have him home, it just wasn't the same yesterday without him. I have to work this evening so I hope he is ok in his crate alone for 5 hours.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't want to make you all feel bad, but it's 65 degrees here and the sun is out. We got plenty of rain yesterday. Today I took Josh for a walk while Angel sunned herself on the patio and waited for her buddy to return. Then, since their mommy is out of town I got to spoil them with pig ears and catnip. AND, I totally almost forgot there is a gerbil that lives upstairs so I'm on my way up there to spoil him for awhile

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

we had no sleep Sunday night and I had other things to do
I bet you did!!!

Weather is warming up here a little. The river outside my building is getting higher and higher. Not to the level of needing to sandbag yet, but that day is rapidly coming

I'm at work on my lunch break. My poor knee!!! I was limping around on crutches since Friday, and now today I'm using my cane. As soon as I get home I'm sitting with ice on my knee and going back to crutches. I'm thankful that I don't have a clinic today.

If I can manage, I have to put away more groceries today. I went shopping Thursday and had the groceries delivered on Friday morning, and have been struggling to put them away since. And I have to fold up a bunch of laundry.

Abby has been sleeping on the pile on the table, and yesterday she decided to barf on it! So I have to go through and sort out clean from dirty.

Plan on watching a movie again tonight. I've been watching a number of movies these past few days. I'll post another thread about that.

Anyway, back to work for me.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Afternoon everyone

Hagan and I made a little trip to the veterinarian's office earlier this morning. Aside from an ear infection, my sweet pup got a clean bill of health and lots of love and attention from all of the staff.
He was definitely a well-behaved boy today!

We just got home a little while ago, so now I'm getting ready to change into my scrubs and head to the hospital for another long night of clinicals. I'm thinking some coffee is definitely in order!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning.

A nice day out today, but pretty hazy. Actually, now that i really think about it, it looks kinda gross out. Brown haze when you look straight out. Yes, the famed smog. Ick. Anyway, it's 63 atthe moment, going up to 71.

I didn't have much of anything planned for today, but I just found a pita recipe I want to try, and I need to get yeast. I'm making falafel either today or tomorrow, and I thought I should maybe try homemade pitas, since they are always so much better in mediterranean restaurants than from the grocery store. I hope they come out good!!

Well have a good day everyone, stay warm, fight hard against Winter's Last Stand!!!