Daily Thread Thurs Nov 22

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My small turkey (10.8 pounds) is in the oven. I made the candied yams last night and they are ready to be put in the oven once the turkey is done. Along with the extra stuffing. I made the yams differently this year. After I boiled them, I mashed them with real butter and brown sugar. Gonna put more butter and brown sugar along with the marshmallows. I also baked my pies last night. I will have steamed veggies and mashed potatoes and gravy, and biscuits with lots of butter. A lot of food for just 2 people unless my friend is able to come.

We have a lot to be thankful for. Even though we lost our house due to foreclosure (it is being auctioned off next week) we are warm and happy in our new little place. I finally have a working stove and enough counter space to prepare everything. I do miss my kitties since I had to take them to the shelter when we had to move. But I am thankful that at least 4 of them were adopted and are now in new homes. I hope the other 2 were adopted too but they were anti-social.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.......

Meda

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Oh no!!

I was all looking forward to going to the university tonight to attend a lecture but I just checked my email again... only to discover the lecture was last week!!

I really hoped to see some old university friends tonight.

How could I have mixed up the weeks like that??