Daily thread Sunday- Sept. 18th

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im exhausted! I dug a 2 foot circle around two of our trees and had to take all the sod off and my husband was sanding and touching up little rust spots on his car before winter. Most hard physical labour I've done in a long time. Our sweet daughter made a wonderful beef broccoli stir-fry with noodles for us and called us in to eat. She did up all the dishes and then she ran me a nice hot batch, laid out my nightie and clean undies and washed my back. Bijou kept me company in the bathroom until I had finished.

Right now I could easily fall asleep at the computer.

As I said in another thread, I unfortunately hit a raccoon on my way home Friday night on the dark, wet road. Saturday I went to go shopping and only got halfway there and my car overheated and had to be towed home. The rad was damaged and all the fluid had leaked out. This morning my husband took the rad out and tomorrow he will pick me up a new one and put it in tomorrow night. Then last night he was trying to find a place he needed to go for his gig and while trying to see where he was going inadvertently hit a curb and now his car needs an alignment. Luckily he didn't wreck his oil pan.

So, it's been an eventful weekend here.

Next weekend I'm leaving on Saturday morning for a golf weekend with my friends and we don't come home until Tuesday night. YES!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Had the usual Sunday: read the paper, drink lots of coffee, feed cats.

After breakfast, Bill and I went for groceries. He watched NASCAR and I scrubbed and changed litter boxes.

Went to Payless, for a pair of shoes and then came home and did my nails. In between all of this, I surfed the net a bit, popping in and out of here.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not long got home from school. It is absolutely freezing! It is raining so hard and the wind is really really strong! There were rubbish bins all over the show when I was walking home. I'm just enjoying some afternoon tea, the warm heater and TCS - I've really got to get my A into G and do some homework.