Daily Thread Monday Jan 10th

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning peeps!

Another chilly one today but I think the snow has stopped for now.

I made the best coffee this morning...mmmmmmmmmm

Off to work in a bit. For lunch we are going out with the Enterprise rep today. I made this big delicious salad too, so I guess I'll eat that tomorrow.

You all have a good day!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Morning!

I'm in a pretty good mood for a Monday...
Probably because we had a nice, relaxing weekend doing a whole lot of nothing. That's pretty much the plan for today as well, at least after work!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello all,
I'm back, after my bout of flu which was awful. I'm so much better now apart from a horrid, rattly cough. Its cold and damp here too aswell and I think its the January blues setting in, I just have no "get up and go". Roll on summer
Have a good day everyone.xx

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Morning!

What a short weekend that was! I cannot believe that it's Monday already.

I've a planning commission this afternoon right after work, so it's going to be long day. Followed by grocery shopping tonight.

Have a good one!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning. I got to sleep in a smidge today but back to work for me. I'm almost 3/4 done with my ripple afghan and I'm hoping to get the ripple finished today maybe even the edging. If I don't finish today I will finish tomorrow. Other than working I am not doing anything today I'm glued to my hook yarn and couch!!

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cold here, -18°C, but thankfully no wind. Clean up after a three day blow begins, Deere John is running, warming up and I figure about 2 hours just by the house, and clearing a path to the 'snow storage' area, then another couple to ram a bucket width to the main road so I can go to town and refuel poor overworked John. Almost didn't get out of the house this morning and thought I was gonna have to call for help (wind switched over night and the whitebleep sifted over the house right on the doorstep) but I managed to push through. If winters keep up like this, I am gonna have to build a snow shed so I can direct the foul stuff away from the door. I hate winter.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good afternoon

Had a fun ride to work in the sleet and freezing rain. But totally loving the crappy weather
Reminds me of Jersey winter. It's 36ºF today (the high AND low on my weatherbug). Supposed to get more freezing rain and sleet later tonight before it heads up north.

Had to go to work which was annoying - they NEVER close
The schools all closed, including the colleges, all government and state jobs were closed by word of the governor. If you didn't want to come in today, you had to use vacation time. Blah! All the area bridges were closed at one point!

Trying to kill time for at least 20 more minutes at work. Didn't get in til nearly 9, so trying to stay until 3:30-4pm and make it look "good", though I've been done since 12:15. (So yes, I had to drive in the freezing rain with people who are clueless just to get to work and do next to nothing. Most of those 3 hours this morning were spent procrastinating. It only took me maybe an hour or so to do my actual work for the day!)

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good afternoon.. been a sort of productive day so far I suppose. And very very noisy. House construction next door, and super loud road construction on the other side. I hate it.

School starts tonight, I am STILL on the wait list for 2 classes, so I hope I get added. Then I will have 1 less thing to be anxious and worried about. sigh.

Nice enough day here, I think it's only about 60, but it's sunny and feels warm. The construction noises are really making me batty though, so I don't want the doors open. Noisy enough with them closed! sigh.

Well be safe in the bad weather, and be warm, and have a good day!

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I apparently wasted the last four hours. By the time I got back from town with John's tank full of diesel, it was snowing, and now snowing harder. Guess tomorrow will be a repeat of today - dig until it snows and everything looks the same colour and quit, rinse and repeat to April............ *SIGH*