Daily Thread Monday Feb 22!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning peeps!

So, after a long weekend I am off to work today

We had a good weekend, filled with work and relaxing though. We saw our families too!

DH is back in school this week so I am back in the gym. Ugh...I want to curl up on the couch after work but I know the gym is better for me

Anyhoo, you all have a good one!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mornin

I have to go into work with DH this morning, because my surgeon appt is smack dab in the middle of the day at 12:45.

Stiches come out, then the real work begins.

Yeehaw, Happy Monday folks.

We're under snowsquall/freezing rain warnings too.

Fun stuff.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good am everyone, We are supposed to get a little snow and rain and freezing rain today. Yahoo.

I have one more section of roof to rake the snow off from about a week ago. Man, I hope this is the last time for that this year.

First I must go and get some litter. Now there is something I rarely do!
Have a great day and keep warm (or cool) depending on where you live!)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning! I don't want to go to work today! I'm still in decluttering mode and as I sit here I have all sorts of places that I want to get into and get rid of stuff!!
By the time I come home I'm not so much into the cleaning mode. I guess the Prenisone high has worn itself off

Shouldn't be too busy of a day today unless there are sick calls. I have a clinic this afternoon with a few new patients, but I did my prep work for those when i booked their appointment, so today I pretty much just have to say hello and verify the information they had given me over the phone.

Going to Safeway after work again. My favourite butcher was working on Saturday and when I see him he will do special cuts for steaks for me. He told me the one I wanted will be on sale starting yesterday, and that he will be there on Monday evening. So I'm going to go and buy a few regular (as opposed to baseball cut) steaks.

Then it's home to cook dinner, fold my laundry from yesterday and pull out a box and pack up the stuff I yanked from my bedroom closet and dresser yesterday.

I'm debating whether to get rid of my filing cabinet. I don't use it and it's just a flat surface. But then again I don't use it because it's in a corner of my bedroom a whole room away from where I actually do my paper work. Maybe I'll hang on to it for now and see if I can find room for it closer to where my computer is.

Gotta go! Abby is squeaking at me to pet her tummy!!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Morning!

It was a nice weekend. My MIL and I made chocolate truffles and rolled some of them in chopped toasted pecans, some of them in cocoa, and the rest in toasted coconut. Boy, they were rich! And chocolatey! And just delicious! Next Saturday morning? Doughnuts! She and I will get together for our annual doughnut-making time. It's a lot of fun. We'll make both raised doughnuts and beignets. (Is it any wonder I have a weight problem?
)

Our grandson's bday party was on Sunday afternoon. DH went, but I did not. Eight small, screaming and yelling kids on a major sugar high? Oh, I don't think so. Not in this lifetime. He came home with a headache, so I'm glad I decided not to go.

I took the last Cornish pasty out of the freezer this morning for our dinner tonight. They're large enough that one will easily feed both of us. I'll make the wine sauce for them, and a nice salad, and we'll have an easy dinner.

Snow, sleet, and freezing rain is forecast for late this afternoon into tonight and tomorrow. Yay.

Have a good Monday!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Afternoon all

I totally forgot i was doing question of the day, i was sitting talking to my mam and i said "sh*t mam its monday i forgot my question" she burst out laughing then told me not to swear
mothers eh hehe

anywhooooo i'm not at work today, possibly not there till Friday
lots of free time for me

the snow has nearly melted AGAIN.

have a nice day all

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now I totally want chocolate truffles...

Happy Monday all!

Dana and I are working 11-7 this week. HATE this shift, but luckily we don't have to do it often. I've going to see one of my former foster kittens tonight!
Her new Mom and Dad are getting married and I am going to kitty sit while they go on their honeymoon, so I'm going over tonight to learn where the food is kept, etc. Can't wait!

Have a good day all.

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good morning! I had a lovely surpise this morning when I woke up and checked on the kittens (foster pregnant gave birth, 3 kittens, 10 days ago): well their eyes are starting to open a little!

Other than that, it's not a busy day for me, I only have 2 trainings (I don't work but I am a paid athlete) and I have to do some laundry. So, plenty of free time to take care of my furr balls. Mine are jealous of all the time I spend with foster mommy, so I have to make up for it!
Have a nice day!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good afternoon. I am a bit under the weather today, a cold or something. Started overnight Saturday with a bad sore throat which I thought was just from the dry air in the hotel room, but no, I am a big sinus now too. Yesterday I spent on the sofa after we got back from San Diego. I went and bought some OJ today so I hope that plus rest will help. That is my plan anyway.

I also have to redo my taxes because I got a corrected W-2 last Thursday. Fun times.

That's all outta me for now. Have a good day!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far today, we have lots of snow. We went out this afternoon to join a gym and there was quite a bit, but nothing like we have now. We are only supposed to get 1cm more, but its still coming down really hard out there. Our car slid on the road twice from the mall to here (about a 2 minute drive normally). Once it completely turned around and the other time was just a quarter turn. We are definitely in for the night now. I hope we don't get too much more because the plows haven't even started to clean the roads yet.

I worked out today for the first time in years. I am determined to get healthy and lose some weight.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello All,

The next couple weeks are going to be interesting as the 2nd store location has the grand opening next Tuesday. This morning was the last I will regularly work with two of my co-workers as they will be at the new location. But I still have some last minute stuff to learn from one for when I do fill-in work.

Got cat food, watched Oprah and am being a lazy person for the rest of the night. I do have to work at 6 am tomorrow so early bed time for me!