Daily Thread Mon Jan 11th

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least I think it's the 11th...

Anyhoo, off to work in a bit. Not too cold today, pretty much average for this time of year I think.

Kickboxing class tonight! Exciting!

DH is back in school all evenings this week
Ugh.

You all have a good one!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone, A bit milder this am. Yesterday it was -2 F. Its in the 20's now.

A bit more wall papering and I am going to make bread from scratch.

Have a great Monday!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning:

Well the weekend wasn't bad.... I was able to get the snakies fed on Friday with the help of my daughter..... we found our missing snake and lost 2 of the babies

Sat: doc appt...... he put me on new meds (oh joy). One for water retention, and we're seeing if that helps the swelling in my legs. I think it is helping my swelling, just not in my calves yet. And we're trying another med, to help with weight loss.

Sun: started not feeling well. The new meds take a bit for my system to adjust to, and were just enough to throw my immune system off, and I'm sick again. Started with the cough and sinus issues again last night

Nothing much doing this week. No physio, my physiotherepist is off this week and the one covering is working weird hours.

So I'm just going to take it easy today, try to get 30mins on Wii Fit, bump up my vitamins, and just try to beat this virus.

Have a good day folks.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Monday!

It was a chilly 9 degrees here this morning when I went out to start my car to come into work. It's really sunny, but also really cold. I dread going out for my lunch walk today. However, after tomorrow, we are to finally start climbing back out of the freezer. By Thursday, we may actually hit 40 degrees!

Farleyv, I love making bread. I just made some whole wheat sage yeast buns yesterday, some for our dinner tonight and the rest for the freezer. As soon as they came out of the oven, DH came into the kitchen to have a taste. Nothing beats the aroma of home-made breads.

Have a good day!

atinsley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First day of spring semester for myself. Gonna have to leave a little early as the snow is coming down. Hopefully it'll be a good start to the class

dave t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good morning, all!

I hope you feel better soon, Snake Lady! I feel a bit of a cold coming on myself, but that is probably due to the fact that I didn't sleep very well last night.

I'll be slipping and sliding to my RTAC (read to a child) volunteer session this morning, but other than that the day should (hopefully!) be very uneventful. It is snowing hard at the moment, but maybe it won't last too long.

I hope everyone has a great week. Stay warm and safe!

Dave

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Afternoon,

I had a physical this morning. I had to fast ahead of time and the lady who I called to set up the appointment told me no coffee. The lady who took my blood said black coffee would have been fine, so I was a bit annoyed. I was able to get my breakfast and coffee after they drew blood at least. It was a pretty thorough exam with an eye test, hearing exam, drug test, mental evaluation, and written tests, so it ended up taking about 5 hours.

After everything was finished, I decided to be good and head in to work. I probably wouldn't have, but I need to get by the gym and the gym is at work. Hopefully I can stay motivated enough to make myself go at the end of the day.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, its not as cold here either today and the snow has been thawing but its all slippy mush mixed with ice, which is worse. I'm fed up of looking at the weather, all I get is snow today and the other one says no snow today,ice, no ice, freezing, mild aaaahhhh lol, I give up, so I will stop looking and just see what happens
x

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning.. Dare I mention that it's already 69 degrees out?

5 hour physical? That's crazy! Hope you passed!

I have some chores to do today and tomorrow, laundry, and washing some sheets and blankets for when my mom gets here on Wednesday!! Gotta do some food shopping and beer shopping, and some other shopping to use a gift card, and wrap 32 presents for my mom which came too late to send to her.

This afternoon I plan to ride my bike downtown to see if the 'ice' skating rink is still open. Long Beach put in an outdoor synthetic ice rink a few months ago. I just can't imagine what it's like. But I've been wanting to try it. Oh looking online it's open til 1/31. Yay! Seems wrong to iceskate outside with a short sleeve shirt on, or at least no coat, but I'll try it!

Well have a good day everyone. Snake Lady STOP BEING SICK!!!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good afternoon

This week starts my busiest week ever ... I start my first full time college semester, on top of my full time job. Luckily 2 of the courses are online - Criminal Justice and American History. I enjoy those two subjects and am ready to start working ahead
Also excited to be in the TCS spotlight this week

Have been a little stressed this past week - there's a girl that's been hanging around my hubby's work and being quite flirty. Even sent him a cutesy text Saturday. Making me stress out haha. I know I have nothing to worry about with my hubby, he's all mine, I just dont trust trifling women

So sore from pole class last night - it'd been about 2 weeks since I've gone and I'm paying the price for sure. Ughh. Just getting over being sick too, yay. Hope everyone has a lovely Monday!

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, what an upsetting day - I had to stop moving snow because it got too warm. It's above freezing and the snow rolls up into a huge roll and packs itself in the bucket and refuses to let go without serious beating with hammers and crowbars and other implements of destruction. Oh well, will have a nap for a bit