Daily Thread for Tuesday Jan. 4, 2005

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sure hope you don't get hit by that storm, Chris!
Well, it's been a warm sunny day here. Now at 11:30pm, it's 61 degrees and the sky is clear with all the stars shining brightly.
I left early this morning to go renew my CPR license at my company's home office about 1 1/2 hours away in order to do so without charge. From there, I was only a little over an hour from my parents, so I went to visit for a while which was really nice.
We finally exchanged Christmas presents, and it was so much fun seeing them open theirs!
Made good time on the drive home, about 3 hours, and it went by quickly. When I came in, Sierra investigated everything very carefully!
We have enjoyed some special time together, she had her dinner, and is now sleeping at my side.

It's been a nice day...

sandra

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was raining all day here
.... I may have to get a job again. Maybe a part-time one. I got an application to work at a well-known restaurant today. May fill it out tomorrow. The kid and the half-kid slept played and ate all day though.

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Went to bed last night with thunder and lightning flickering, making dancing shadows play on the walls of my bedroom.

I woke this morning from a codeine induced 9 hours, and it was raining, although no thunder. I was also surrounded by cats; Esse at my side, Simon between my legs, Pie at my feet, and Charlotte in "her" corner of the bed. Pengy was also out on the rocker. I had to smile...my family was around me.

Got up, made some horrid coffee. I poured it out and started over; sat at the computer and did some work for work, and then wrote in my journal for a while. Called my lawyer and got some direction, and so started preparing the stuff for him.

I was supposed to teach for a few hours today, but I didn't. I made it in to open the sessions, but turned it over to my assistant after about 15 minutes. I stopped at the store on the way home, and got the ingredients for chicken pot pie. I took a nap, and then prepared a decent dinner - the first thing I've cooked since coming home from Oregon.

Made a few more phone calls, poked around the 'net for a bit, and now I've just taken the evening medication, and am expecting the codeine to hit soon...and then off to bed for another night's sleep.

And it never got warmer than 48 outside all day.

Best-
Michele

jaspers mummy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well our weather is acting very strange hear it is suposed to be summer
but it is all mixed up yesterday we had rain and thunder & lighting
and it has been cold when it should be hot it's all so mixed up

So today is cool cloudy but I don't think we will get any rain today

I have had a lazy day just sitting here playing on the computer eatting nuts and licorish

Jasper is laying on my thongs he has a thing for them he looks at me every so often as to say hey you long time no see he must have memory lapses when he sleeps

I should be doing the house work but I realy can't be botherd doing it today

We are going to have stuffed zuccini with my special tomato sauce and cheese for tea tonight yummy I am looking forward to that

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We had what I believe was our first light freeze of the season last night. It didn't touch my calla lilies, though, which are up about 18 inches. Some winters they get that high, then are turned to mush with a heavy frost and have to start all over. Other winters they make it through without a frost heavy enough to damage them.

I believe that I am allergic to my cats. It wasn't so bad with Red Cat and Purdy, but when Sheba joined me in September, I noticed right away that every time she got close to my face my nose started tickling and I'd occasionally sneeze. My eyelids have been terribly swollen and sore ever since I got her, too, but I also have a perpetual condition of my eyelids which has been acting up and I still don't know how much of the swollen lids is due to that and how much to allergy.

At any rate, Friday I took Sheba to a groomer and got her bathed. Today was Purdy's turn. Then I came home and started washing bedspread, sheets, mattress covers, blankets, the works, trying to get rid of as many allergens as I could. Tomorrow I'll have to try to do a thorough job of vacuuming. Hopefully, I can cut down on the allergy problem a little that way.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Busy, busy day. Although it's technically Wednesday here, I just got home from work. I hit the ground running at work. My first patient was for c-section, which went well, although her doctor is a bit of a pain. All went well, though. Just as I got her recovered, and was this close to getting to leave early so I could be with a sick friend, another patient came in who was having her 8th baby. Needless to say she delivered within minutes of her arrival on the unit. Tons of work and charting enusued! Lunch? Celery & peanut butter. Dinner? Not so much. Came home, driving through sleet coming down in buckets, checked that my cat was still breathing (not always a given these days), and cleaned up where she missed the litterbox (getting to be a more frequent occurence). Sigh. I hope I don't have to make "The Decision" soon, but the day may be coming (just so you all know, yes, she's been to the vet. Many times. She's 19 years old, so some things can't be cured. I don't want anyone to think that I'm a bad mommy
). Now I've plunked my butt down in front of the computer, catching up on all the threads.