Daily Question: Tues. Dec. 1st

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Technically...my tree has been up all year.

Last year I got the idea that an artificial topiary tree would be a neat idea. I could decorate it for Christmas then push it over into the corner and let it just be a plain decorative tree.

So I did some looking and found a spiral topiary tree in a pot. It happened to have lights on it. But that's OK.

Last year I decorated it with a few hand made ornaments that my mother had given me. (Kitties in hand knit mittens)

Actually the only reason I decorate is because my Mother comes to visit on Christmas and she likes to see decorations.

When Christmas was over I put the decorations away and push the tree over into the corner where it pretends to be just a tree.

This year I will probably just leave it there (maybe move it out a bit) and just decorate it.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've refused to put a tree up for the last 2 years. I'm lazy.

My Mum put one up last year and it fell over and didn't get picked up for a week. Also a cat buried a dead bird behind the tree the year before.

estelle58

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No I don't put up a tree, Sundae is to mischievus and she would go medieval on it...

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't dare put a tree up...and I haven't for years.I have too many "kids" that would destroy it in a NY minute!

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We usually put up tree/decorate on the first but since my DH isn't here (he's deployed) and we wont be home for the holidays (we'll be at my inlaws house) we're just not going to do anything.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
The decorations go up this weekend and the tree usually goes up the week before Christmas. We get a live tree so we can't get it too far in advance.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A tree in this house?!?!?!?

10 cats and 3 dogs here, need I say more? Lola's tail alone knocks over anything it touches. And she wags it a lot (happy dog).

I have a couple of wall hangings and we put lights up on the kitchen windows, but that's about it.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put our tree up this past weekend. Two sections of the lights on the pre lit tree are out
Maybe that's why my parents gave it to me

Havent done any other decorating yet though. Maybe this weekend

Its our first Christmas in our new house, and our first Christmas not living with anyone but the kitties!