Daily Question: Thurs. Nov. 19

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
80 F
I am always cold...I also have a space heater right next to me at all times.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rarely use the heater in winter.

In Summer I put the a/c on when it gets over 40c/105f, and I set it at 25c/77f.

Our place is double brick and doesn't get too warm, plus I like having windows open all the time instead of closing up and having air conditioning on.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep my place as comfortable as possible during the winter months, around mid 60's but when I go to sleep I drop it down to 60 since I'm under the covers anyway. Summer I keep it pretty cold since I hate the heat and humidity that summer brings

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting question!

I have an automatic thermostat, which is wonderful...it's convenient, economic and keeps me comfortable, without me having to think about it! In the summer I have it set for 70°F, when I'm home, and 75°F when I'm at work.

In the winter, it's set for 68°F when I'm home and awake, and 65°F at night and when I'm at work.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For winter I keep it at 72 while we're home and turn it down to 68 when we leave. For summer, it has to get up over 95 for us to turn on the air, which we set at 83.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Interesting question!

I have an automatic thermostat, which is wonderful...it's convenient, economic and keeps me comfortable, without me having to think about it! In the summer I have it set for 70°F, when I'm home, and 75°F when I'm at work.

In the winter, it's set for 68°F when I'm home and awake, and 65°F at night and when I'm at work.
Ours is the same....the thermostat that is... We have it programmed to warm up in the morning when we're getting ready for the day, lower when we are not home, warm when we get home, lower at bedtime. ( winter )

Summer is set cooler at night, warmer in the day.

Very convenient, energy efficient, and easily overrode...or at least ours is. Well worth the cost of the thermostat itself.

This is going to be especially useful as next yr we start time of day usage hydro billing.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread and the thermal underwear thread is making me want it to be winter fast!!! There is nothing better than being in the snow with a billion layers of clothes or being home where it's 80 degrees while it's below freezing outside!!!! oh joy

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm weird - we live in an old house with no central heating or air conditioning. If its cold in winter we put blankets and extra clothes on and may turn on the gas heater in the lounge or oil heaters in our bedrooms and in summer we wear less and if it's really hot (mainly for the cats) the fans will go on.