Daily Question: Thurs. Nov. 19

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mornin

I am wondering: What temperature do you keep your house in the winter? How about in the summer?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
80f year round is what the theromstat is set at.
This translates to around 76f in the winter and 80-85 in the summer

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In the winter, I keep my apartment in the low 60's, typically around 62 or 63 and in the summer it's the upper-70's or low 80's. It really just depends on the weather. We've had such a mild summer and fall so far, I haven't actually used the heat or the AC since about March.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wintertime: 72F during waking hours when people are home, then it drops when DH is at work and kids are at school to 67F, back on at 4:30pm to 72F, then a night drop to 67F.

Summertime: AC is set to 80F during the day, 78F at night. ( DH sometimes bumps it down to 78F during the day )

we try to do our part to conserve hydro, especially with my snakies whom take a lot of hydro (even in the most efficient heating method)

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom's house -where I am living right now - she is always cold!! So like 72 all year round unless she complains about how cold it is... so the temp may go up winter or summer.

At my condo... 70 for AC and 65 for heat. I have west facing windows so it can get warm in there in the summertime.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last winter, Rob had the thermostat set at 68*F. It got cold a few nights last week and I have it set on 70* - we'll see how long that lasts
It hasnt been coming on lately though because the temps went back up.

In the summer I had the AC set for 77*F. We also have two ceiling fans in the house we kept going so we didn't have to jack the AC (and our bill!) up.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're in an apartment and the heat is automatic. It's been quite warm in here the last few weeks, bit chilly at night though, and I have no idea what the temp is!
No one else is complaining, so that's good.
Summer we don't have AC and it can get really hot up here, so we have a ton of fans and often leave the curtains drawn.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually keep the temp around 70, I don't like it really hot, however so far this year I have not turned the heat up hardly at all. I am hoping because of these stupid hot flashes I actually save on heating bills this year.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
you´ll going to scare Chris....

My temps are in Centigrades...

-when is summer in May month is where we reach the most hight temps in my city are 42º...

our winter is less chill than yours around 7º centigrades and I´m

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't get to control the temperature here. So far, I do not like that because my apartment seems to get really warm.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

our winter is less chill than yours around 7º centigrades and I´m
hee hee. It is 7C here today, and yes, I need a jacket, but it is not zipped up. 7C is nice for November here.....usually it would be below freezing by now.

and on that note, I got some stuff to unload out of my truck, so off I go to start that. I will be sweating from unloading in 7C weather

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

hee hee. It is 7C here today, and yes, I need a jacket, but it is not zipped up. 7C is nice for November here.....usually it would be below freezing by now.

and on that note, I got some stuff to unload out of my truck, so off I go to start that. I will be sweating from unloading in 7C weather
Hey, remember that I´m a Tropical Creature...

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hey, remember that I´m a Tropical Creature...

Hee hee hee.

You are Tropical Creature, I am Polar Bear LOL. In Jan. or Feb. I will be wanting to be a Tropical Creature too.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Some of my favorite creatures are tropical

Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Hee hee hee.
You are Tropical Creature, I am Polar Bear LOL. In Jan. or Feb. I will be wanting to be a Tropical Creature too.
LOL!....did you sleep for 3 months until spring my friend?....

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL!....did you sleep for 3 months until spring my friend?....
Sometimes I wish LOL

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We try to keep it around 70 year round (or at least I do) give or take 5 degrees. If the man had it his way it'd be in the 50's during the summer, lol.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aren't the old guys that do the ice swimming called Polar Bears?

I'd keep it 78F (25.5C) year round if I could. Usually that's what it is in the summer - give or take a couple degrees. In the winter it depends on how it is outside. If chilly-cold, it can stay under 74F (23.3C). If it starts getting bitter cold we push it back up to 76F-78F. Depends on general humidity.

My geckos do best if there's an ambient room temp of 75F - anything lower is too cold for them. And since I don't keep warm very well I don't like it cold in the house, either. If I get too cold I hurt.