Daily Question: Thurs. Dec.3rd

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a huge score at Bed Bath and Beyond the other day with placemats - it was cheaper for me to buy them ready made than to make them myself. Just about everyone on my list is going to get embroidered placemats this year (ironically, all except my SS
). So far I've completed 2 sets (Kokopelli and Eiffel Tower) and have 3 (moose, chili peppers and fish) more to go. Brothers get embroidered t-shirts (Chicago Bears and Harley Davidson already done). MIL gets embroidered towels (dolphins - done). And I finished the last of my SS gifts this afternoon (woohoo).

The only person I have left to buy for is DH, and we've already agreed to take it very light this year.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Money is exceptionally tight this year since i'm in med school, so I won't be shopping like I have in years past. The only person I've shopped for so far has been my lovely SS.

I plan to do a lot of homemade things instead this year to try and save some $$ and be smart about what I can afford to spend. I'm planning to give my loved ones lots of homemade gifts this year. I'm thinking of doing some pretty homemade ornaments, Christmas decor (I've been a lisenced florist since I was 18..so a lot of my friends/family like me to make them wreathes, table toppers, or Topper bows for their trees) for their present.)

I'm also planning to do a TON of baking....I usually do homemade flavored vodkas (cranberry/orange...etc.), homemade hot chocolate mixes, white chocolate peppermint bark, dipped pretzels, chocolate covered strawberries, lemon loaf cakes,etc.. It doesn't have to cost a lot imo to do thoughtful homemade presents.
It's the thought that counts!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boyfriend - check
Mother - check
Nana - check
Secret Santa ($150) - half done
Dad & Step Dad - check

Still to go:

Aunty & Uncle x 2
Cousins x 5

Not too bad!

seiko7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am a non=shopper.So,we each have a year that we choose a charity,and give the money to the desiginated person for the year.That way , if they have a money problem they can have some towards it, and if they send it to the charity ...they get the tax credit for it....reality....what can I say