Daily Question: Thurs. April 29th

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby and I both have Acer Aspires, both on Vista. Dh has a desktop, I have a mega laptop, I love it, it has bluetooth, dolby home theatre and a fingerprint reader for security, its 19" its my baby
x

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Yup I did, and it does work if I misspell a word, but I guess missing an accent doesn't count as misspelling the word..I downloaded an add on called accentuate- I can add the accents manually, but that still takes more work than MS office because I have to press a bunch of keys when in MS office it's on autocorrect...I guess I could manually add the most common words on autocorrect but that would take forever.
You installed myspell-es, correct? Then tools >language settings and choose Spanish? Just in case you missed anything.
You can also make your own short cut layout for Accentuate.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The case of our desktop says Dell, but since DH was a PC technician for many years, who knows what is actually inside of this box.

We have a couple of laptops, a couple of desktops, and parts of many scattered all over the house. We have a whole house wireless network. We have very high speed DSL that is connected to the first packet network ever built in the entire world. I know this because I was on the team that built out that network.

I think we run primarily windows, and use Mozilla for an internet browser. Other than that, I have no idea because I only use the thing. DH takes care of all the configurations on all of our machines.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine's a desktop running XP. I don't have a clue what kind it is, since my computer guru built it for me after my Gateway was struck by lightning. I'm still using the Gateway keyboard and speakers....everything else was replaced.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an iMac with Mac OS X 10.4.11 and I wouldn't trade it for a PC! Had them, too.

Let's see. Now that I am living alone, I have one. When all of us were living together, we had 3 Macs, 2 PCs and 4 persons.

Next I am going to get an iPad.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an Acer Aspire 5532 Laptop running Windows 7. It is new (just got it in January). I really like it except for the fact the battery needs to be recharged all the time. It last about 2 1/2 hrs. I also have a Emachine desktop that runs Windows XP. That one is all but dead though since it is full of viruses. I need to reformat that one.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 7, and an older Dell desktop running Windows XP.