Daily Question: Thurs. April 22th 2010

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gmorning folks....

sorry for the later question.... still "getting started" this morning....which brings the question:

When you wake up, are you ready to go? Or does it take you a bit to wake up and get a move on?

For me: I can get up, shower and go..... but I prefer having an hour or 2 of quiet time in the mornings

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can get up and go in the morning, I should have a cup of tea before speaking to people though (I usually drink it as I get ready) but I can also get easily distracted by checking emails etc so prefer to have more time to get ready

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not a morning person. I can get up, get a shower, and go, but I'm a zombie the entire time. I prefer to wake up gradually, over a period of a couple hours

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i am a morning person i get up and go if i want a lazy morning ill have a nice long shower but you shouldnt really talk to me until ive had at least 2 coffees

hmmm maybe that means im not a morning person lol

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Depends. If I'm just getting up for work, I snooze snooze snooze and delay it as long as possible. If I'm getting up for a vacation or something, I'm up and at em - not snoozing.

But either way, I need my coffee.
I'm a little brain dead for a while without it.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once Im awake I have to get out of bed. I cant laze around for an hour or so like Bf in bed it makes me cranky. I preset my coffee the night before so normally by 715 Im awake getting my first cup...I loveeeee having my coffee made before I get out of bed. I will sit on the couch for a couple hours though enjoying my coffee reading a book or working on my crochet till I feel like getting around for the day.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I am not a morning person. I can get up, get a shower, and go, but I'm a zombie the entire time. I prefer to wake up gradually, over a period of a couple hours
That's me, too.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was working I was up and ready to go. There were some mornings tho when I got around a little slower than usual. I did get up at the sound of the radio, never used snooze.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Thats basically me too.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was working, I got up, got ready and could be out the door in 20 minutes. These days it may take me a few hours to get moving. I like lounging in the morning.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can be up and off like a shot, but you'd better not talk to me for a couple of hours at least. Coffee makes no difference, it actually makes me sleepy LOL.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can get up and get going, showered and out the door in 10 minutes. I prefer to have a few minutes of quiet time to myself, drink a cup of coffee. I get up about 20 minutes before I wake the kids.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

When you wake up, are you ready to go? Or does it take you a bit to wake up and get a move on?
Bit to wake up. I would love my life to cater to me and give me some time to wake up, but often I have to hit the ground running

dave t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is my typical morning routine:

5:05AM - Alarm goes off, hit snooze frantically
5:35 - Finally drag my lazy self out of bed, brush teeth, etc.
5:45 - Put on exercise gear and get in a good 30 minute work out
6:15 - Choke down protein shake and relax in front of mindless TV
6:27 - Wake wifey, brush teeth again (due to icky protein shake!) and hit the shower
7:00 - 7:15 Release Calvin and Hobbes from their sleeping quarters, wake up the kiddos, feed the kitties, smooch the wife and dash out the door for work.

No coffee or anything for me, just the protein shake for protein's sake and lots o' water.

Ta da?

Dave

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate getting up early in the morning and usually I always plan to wake up, get my breakfast and coffee, put on a little bit of make up, but that never happens, I sleep till the last minute and then get up, put clothes on, brush teeth and I'm out. I even take showers at night because if I left it for the morning, I would never shower...

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my coffee...yes, I bounce out of bed sometimes without an alarm going off. I take care of Bella first, then drink my coffee. I love having a couple hours to myself before heading out to work

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I can be up and off like a shot, but you'd better not talk to me for a couple of hours at least. Coffee makes no difference, it actually makes me sleepy LOL.
someone else like me woohoo

i need the intial hit of it but i can quite easily use it to go to sleep