Daily Question of the day 10/29/14 " #WhiskersWednesday " :)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
So, what about me?

let see, here in my land, officially do not celebrate the Halloween as well, I mean the celebration is "El día de Muertos" (The Dead Day) and make some ceremonies with all respect to the dead ( I mean the people who is not more with us in memmorie to they...)

I saw one of our members of TCS is from Monterrey & CA, she put a link very interesting about what do the majority of the people of my country....try to follow & read it, I garantee a really nice good read and you going to learn a lot!

So, answering my own questions

1.- The kids do not go outside to ask candys...

2.- a big party not, but my relatives came to make a respects to our deads...

3.- No at all,........... I want to share this with you, this read can show you what do in specifically in my city & state!
( so proud about i!
...)
http://issuu.com/yucatantoday/docs/yucatan_today_oct_15_-_nov_14__2014

4.- unfortunately this year do not have the "altar" at home, is in the home on one of my relatives,... try to take some pic´s and bring it!

thanks for read!
@CoolCat   We were able to celebrate the  Muertos holiday in Oaxaca a few years ago.  We were there for a week--what an amazing celebration!  Last  year we went to the Day of the Dead celebration in San Diego, CA.  Very close to the Mexican border of course and the celebration was in Old Town so it was quite authentic.  Wonderful.

Last edited:

kathyfromcanada

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good Morning dear Members of TCS!

October is Done!
can´t believe it!
how fast the year is running.... I mean now can I smell the Turkey on the oven for Christmass...

So, the night of Halloween is near so my interest bassically is about it...

1.- Do you buy a lot of Candys for the Kids ?

2.- Do you organize a big party at home with friends? ( with Costumes and else )
3.- Do you celebrate Halloween on other way?

4.- if want, would you show us a decoration of Halloween from your home? ( thanks in advance)

Hope you have a spooky Halloween dear friends!
We buy candy for the kiddies. We dress up to hand out the candy, gives me a chance to be someone else for a day. I love Halloween .Haven't been to a Halloween party since I was in my 20's. Lol. Loved it though.