Daily Question of the day 07/16/14 #whiskerswednesday ... :)

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning TCS´ers :sun: :wavey:

How are you been? I hope so fine, and the rains have not putting in troubles... :eek:

so, the main Topic of today will be, FRUITS :yummy:

1.- Favourite Fruit: :yummy:
2.- Less Favourite fruit :barf:
3.- you drink some fruit with water (blend) ? instead to eat, prepar and drink? :spin:
4.- do you take fruits for your Job or your daily task instead Chips of cookies? :think:
5.- do you eat fruits at night? :)
6.- do you put fruits at your cereal with milk? :drool:
7.- do you like the cake of fruits? instead the traditionals? :drool:
8.- do you have a recipe special or traditional for some beverage or mix to ear about fruits? for share wiht us ... :yummy:

Thanks for participate in advance! :)

:wavey:

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Morning, Rigel! Hope your day is going well!

We have been getting our fair share of rain, but I'm not going to complain. The garden loves all the moisture.

1.- Favourite Fruit:  

Nectarines (and plums and peaches)

2.- Less Favourite fruit 

I don't have a less favorite fruit. Honestly, I love them all.

3.- you drink some fruit with water (blend) ? instead to eat, prepar and drink?  

No, just water

4.- do you take fruits for your Job or your daily task instead Chips of cookies?  

I take a Granny Smith apple to work with me every day and have it while I'm drinking my morning coffee. I love a good Granny.

5.- do you eat fruits at night? 

Sometimes I'll get a nice dish of blueberries out of the freezer at night. Last summer, I started to dehydrate grapes and pineapple and so I have been munching on them, too.

6.- do you put fruits at your cereal with milk? 

I really love a sliced banana on my cereal.

7.- do you like the cake of fruits? instead the traditionals?  

You mean like a fruitcake? No, no, no. No fruitcake for me. However, I love blueberry buckle (a coffeecake with blueberries) or an apple kuchen, or cherry puffs, or a good peach pie. Things like peach French toast. Do they count?

8.- do you have a recipe special or traditional for some beverage or mix to ear about fruits? for share wiht us 

How about this one? It's cherry season around here and cherries are a good price. This is one of our favorite cherry desserts.

Northern Cherry Puffs

1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) pitted dark sweet cherries
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1-1/2 tsp almond extract, divided
1/4 tsp red food coloring, optional
1/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup flour (all purpose)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup milk
Sauce:
1/2 cup sugar
4-1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup water
2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) pitted dark sweet cherries
1/4 tsp. red food coloring, optional
Whipped cream or ice cream

In a bowl, combine cherries, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon almond extract and the food coloring, if using. Spoon into four greased 10-oz custard cups.

In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in egg and remaining almond extract. Combine flour, salt and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Spoon over cherry mixture. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool cups for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water, cherries and food coloring until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened. 

Invert puffs onto dessert plates; top with warm cherry sauce and whipped cream (or ice cream). Makes 4 servings.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1.- Favourite Fruit:

Bananas or mangos!

2.- Less Favourite fruit

Durian. Okay, so it's not quite fair since I don't think I've actually eaten it, but they keep them in freezers in Asian grocery stores because even with the skin still on, it smells like farts.

I used to do lemon water, but my dad always brought lemons home. We seldom have fresh fruits in the apartment now. I'm just plain too lazy to make smoothies anymore.

4.- do you take fruits for your Job or your daily task instead Chips of cookies?

If I have fresh fruits and a nice way to eat it without getting my hands sticky, yes I like to cut up some fruit and take that to school/work instead of junk.

Not very often.

Not usually, but sometimes I will put it on oatmeal. If I top anything with fruit, bananas are the easiest.

Not really... Asian cakes, especially birthday cakes are always very fruity but the mix of the icing and the fruit almost makes me nauseous! I'll totally eat bread with fruit baked into it though, haha.

8.- do you have a recipe special or traditional for some beverage or mix to ear about fruits? for share wiht us ...

Hooooow about a mango rice tart?

DOUGH

1 2/3 cups flour, plus a little extra for dusting

1/3 cups sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 egg yolks

1 stick butter diced, a little extra for greasing

2 tbsp water

Sift flour + sugar in a bowl, add vanilla extract and egg yolks. Add butter and water, knead until dough forms. Turn onto lightly floured surface, knead until smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in fridge for 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 10 1/2 in. round (preferably fluted) tart pan. Ease dough into pan, line with parchment paper, add pie weights and bake crust for 10-12 minutes. Remove parchment paper and weights and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool.

FILLING

1 cup Jasmine rice

3/4 cup sugar

1 1/2 cups water

1/2 cup coconut milk

1 tsp salt

2-3 ripe mangos, peeled and thinly sliced

Place rice in sauce pan of boiling water, cook for 10-12 minutes (or as suggested on package) until soft. Drain, cover, and keep warm while set aside.

Put sugar and water into saucepan and heat until syrup forms. Pour syrup into a baking pan and mix in coconut milk and salt. Add the hot rice to the mixture and let it sit (so the rice can absorb) for ~3 hours. Pour the rice + coconut mixture into pie shell, arrange mangoes decoratively (like a giant rose) on top, and chill. Then it's ready to serve!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1)  favorite fruit?

i like almost all fruits. blueberries are among my favorites, and it's currently blueberry season...so at the moment, i'd say blueberries are my favorite. i love apples as much as blueberries though.

2)  less favorite fruit?

i'd have to say pomegranates.

3)  you drink some fruit with water (blend) ? instead to eat, prepar and drink?

i sometimes make smoothies with fruit, but not very often.

4)  do you take fruits for your Job or your daily task instead Chips of cookies?

no, but i don't eat chips or cookies every day.

5)  do you eat fruits at night?

sometimes. i like yogurt with fruit mixed into it, and sometimes will eat that in the evening.

6)  do you put fruits at your cereal with milk?

sometimes i'll have sliced bananas in my cereal.

7)  do you like the cake of fruits? instead the traditionals?

i don't like fruitcake. i do make many different kinds of desserts with fruit though -- pies, cakes, crisps, buckles, bars, etc.

8)  do you have a recipe special or traditional for some beverage or mix to ear about fruits? for share wiht us ...

this recipe is one of my favorites, partly because you can choose the "add-in's" for it. i love to add mashed banana and walnuts.  http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2006/11/blondies-for-a-blondie/

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1.- Favourite Fruit: pink grapefruit
2.- Less Favourite fruit: tomato
3.- you drink some fruit with water (blend) ? instead to eat, prepar and drink? I love lemon water and I like smoothies but I don't make them very often.
4.- do you take fruits for your Job or your daily task instead Chips of cookies? I don't have a job.
5.- do you eat fruits at night? No, usually in the morning or for lunch
6.- do you put fruits at your cereal with milk? No
7.- do you like the cake of fruits? instead the traditionals? No, never liked fruit cake.
8.- do you have a recipe special or traditional for some beverage or mix to ear about fruits? Not that I can think of right now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, let see for me,,...:think:

1.- Favourite Fruit:
2.- Less Favourite fruit
8.- do you have a recipe special or traditional for some beverage or mix to ear about fruits? for share wiht us ...

1.- Ciruela (mexican name) http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciruela of course I love the others but in special this one.
2.- maybe the squash http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cucurbita
3.-YES, here in my country is very popular to blend some fruits and make "water" of watermelon, for example, instead to drink a pop soda, less sugar more healthy, think so...:think:
4.- YES, usually an apple, banana & pear are on my bag to my desk... :yummy:
5.- when I dinner cereal at nights, usually eat a banana or any other fruit that we buyed... :)
6.- YES see above... :lol3:
7.- Not really fan of this kind of speciallitys but is ok time in time... ;)
8.- yes, PAN DE ELOTE (maybe the translation is CORN BREAD ) yummy

http://www.pizcadesabor.com/2013/09/05/pan-de-elote/

sorry is in spanish :blush:

Thanks for read! :clap:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1.- Favourite Fruit: - Peaches

2.- Less Favourite fruit  - Melons of any kind

3.- you drink some fruit with water (blend) ? instead to eat, prepar and drink? - Lemonade, but I don't make it very often

4.- do you take fruits for your Job or your daily task instead Chips of cookies? - I sometimes take fruit, rarely take chips or cookies.

5.- do you eat fruits at night? - I would if I could find some good ones.  Unfortunately, the grocery store fruit just doesn't taste right to me.  I miss the fruit trees we had in the yard growing up.  I would be out there all day eating fruit.

6.- do you put fruits at your cereal with milk? - Just bananas sometimes

7.- do you like the cake of fruits? instead the traditionals? - Not really.

8.- do you have a recipe special or traditional for some beverage or mix to ear about fruits? for share wiht us ... I can't think of one. I do have one for fruit salad, but I've noticed when I make it, I'm the only one who eats it, so I guess it isn't all that good.

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good morning TCS´ers

How are you been? I hope so fine, and the rains have not putting in troubles...

so, the main Topic of today will be, FRUITS

1.- Favourite Fruit:

2.- Less Favourite fruit

Thanks for participate in advance!

1. Mangos or Watermelon
2. Kiwi because I'm allergic
3. No, but I don't drink soda. Typically only water and poweraide.
4. Yes. I love snacking on fruit!
5. I eat fruit all of the time, any time!
6. No, but I do enjoy eating a bowl of blueberries in milk with a sprinkle of sugar :drool:
7. Sure!
8. I do not.