tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been on a plane a few times:

Newark, New Jersey to Tampa, FL
Newark, New Jersey to Miami, FL
Charlotte, North Carolina to Newark, New Jersey
Newark, New Jersey to Charlotte, North Carolina.

I'd much rather drive to my destination. I'm not afraid of flying really, I just would rather be on the ground and in control. Plus you can see a lot more by driving
We are driving from South Carolina to Colorado next year, and SC to MS this weekend possibly.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've spent one day in the air and that was enough for me.
When we adopted our daughter we had to pick her up at Dulles airport in Washington, DC (isn't it really in Virginia?) Anyway, we drove from our home in western Illinois to St. Louis, took a plane to Pittsburgh, took another plane to Dulles, took a plane back to Pittsburgh, then another plane back to St. Louis----all in one day.
I decided I don't like airports and I don't like planes, and I could live the rest of my life just fine without ever being in one again.

Although---I'd love to see Scotland some day

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have flown across Country and across the State but that was many years ago. I will not fly again tho cuz of 9-11. I don't like what all you have to go through just to board the plane. If there was an emergeny where I had to fly I guess I might but I don't see that happening. All my family is right in my area and that's all that matters.

When I lived in CA I flew back and forth to visit family and also went to Spain and Italy years ago. Yes I did get jet lag but I loved visiting other countries.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I travel regularly for business...about 6-8 times a year. I was nervous about it at first, but it doesn't bother me at all anymore. I go to various locations, mostly in the US. I have had meetings in Canada and Mexico, too, though. I tend to only get jet lagged on the really long distances...like to Hawaii.