Daily question....06-02-08....=)

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've lived in both. I would much rather live in a one story home for the rest of my life. Stairs are a pain, and it's always too hot or too cold upstairs.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up in a two story house that also had a basement. The only bathroom was in the top story. The laundry was in the basement. It was sheer torture going up and down two flights of stairs at laundry time (or if you were in the basement and had to go to the bathroom...bad!) When I was looking for a house to purchase, I really had my heart set on a story and a half, Cape Cod style house. I never found one, and settled on a cute little one story, with a basement. Now that I'm older, my knees really appreciate not having to go up and down the stairs too much! My only regret is that I don't have a main floor laundry (that's in the basement.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what a great participation of all of you

.....I was raised in a house of 1 floor, so I wished to have a home of two floors... now is reality that wish....

Furthermore, the stairs is funnie for the kittys!..
I mean they run and run up and down....

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

Hmm, good question. I like two story houses because they just seem bigger plus I like having the stairs to have to climb... it's great exercise! But the one story houses are just convenient, everything is easily accessible!
My thoughts exactly!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer tri level houses. I don't like doing stairs. 4 or so stairs up or down are enough. I LOVE sunken living rooms in tri levels that usually have fireplaces. Like a little cozy retreat.