Daily Question!....04/28/08

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use to have many more books then I do now but scaled down a lot when I moved into my loft 3 years ago. However the books I do have now are my favorites so I re-read them each every couple of years..
My favorite book I guess would have to be Cabal by Clive Barker.

I don't buy many books anymore instead I borrow them from the library and if I do like them and think I may read again then I will buy it..

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to read! But I do not buy books often and I usually do not keep them. I probably have 20-40 books around. Some are special that I do reread and some are informational books and not stories.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

In my basement, I have a 15 foot long wall that is floor to ceiling shelves filled with books. (I also have several big boxes of books
) There are many text and medical reference books, but most are fiction, both paperback and hardcover. I love to re-read quite a few different books. My all-time favorites are Mary Stewart's Arthurian Saga, "The Crystal Cave", "The Hollow Hills", "The Last Enchantment" and "The Wicked Day." I've lost track of how many times I've read the series.....it's about time to read it again
I also love to re-read Tad Williams' "Tailchaser's Song", which is a wonderful story about cats!
Oh, I LOVE "The Wicked Day"!! That is what got me into the Arthur ledend to begin with. And "Tailchaser's Song" is incredible! I don't even know how many times I've read that one. Have you ever read a book called "The Wild Road" by Gabriel King? That is similar to Tad Williams' book.

Oh, to answer the question, I have a TON of books and I do reread them. In fact, I'm in the process of unpacking yet another box of books from my house and am rereading each one at work before I put it in the bookcase. Some of them I haven't read for 15-20 years (books from my parents house) so I don't remember a lot about them before I start.

I don't even know how many times I've read "Gone with The Wind", but enough that I had to buy a new copy!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe, i have load's of book's! i don't have a library, but i have a study, & that's where all my book's are! yeh, & i loveee reading the good one's, over & over again!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Oh, I LOVE "The Wicked Day"!! That is what got me into the Arthur ledend to begin with. And "Tailchaser's Song" is incredible! I don't even know how many times I've read that one. Have you ever read a book called "The Wild Road" by Gabriel King? That is similar to Tad Williams' book.
Thanks for the recommendation! I love pretty much all books, but to find another one that's similar to one of my favorites would be great! I'll be looking for it on Wednesday (my day off!)

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i have around 1500 books and about 500 of those are hardcover. certain authors i only buy hardcover and most of them are signed, like Terry Goodkind, Robert Jordan, George R.R. Martin, Dean Koontz, Clive Barker, Anne McCaffrey, John Sandford and lots more.
paperbacks i usuallly pass on to friends when i'm through. there's still about 500 i haven't read. once i get through those i want to re-read a lot of them.