Daily Question.................04/03/10

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning my dear friends…

Today I have the privilege to post here your daily question for the Lounge…
I want to mention that all questions here are just for the unique porpoise of fun and of course, to stay in touch with all members, and to know what do you think about it…
of course sometimes some questions are a kind of silly but funniest in the bottom!..
… so lets begin…

Earrings!
-How many pairs do you have?
-Wich one is your favourite? & Why..
-Do you have a pair from your relatives ? (...Grand-grand Mother?...
..)
-Do you have silver earrings?...Are you not allergic at the silver?..

-Wich one is the most expensive pair of earrings that you have..

...So, start to post here!...

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only jewlery I wear is earrings. I tend to go for the cubic zirconia. Not huge and not tiny, just in between.

I like the dangling kind, but being 58, they tend to make me look like I am trying to be younger.

I own one or two pairs, and I am always loosing one it seems. And I don't wear all the time, just for a special occassion.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember your post about shoes? I have nearly as many earrings as shoes. I'm the Imelda Marcos of both. My father is a registered gemologist, and cuts and sets colored gemstones. I have many, many earrings (and other jewelry) that he has made for me. I have both silver and gold, and some white gold. All of my earrings are post earrings. I hate dangly earrings. Probably the most expensive earrings I have are the diamond studs that my (ex)husband gave me for our 5th wedding anniversary...I still wear them nearly every day (and we've been divorced for 20+ years!)

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-How many pairs do you have? Too many to count although I dont wear them very often
-Wich one is your favourite? & Why..
-Do you have a pair from your relatives ? (...Grand-grand Mother?.....)
A pair of claddagh emerald and diamond earrings that my grandmother gave me, I have the matching necklace and ring from her too
They look a bit like these ones but have small diamonds around the emerald, like the ring

yes, I have many silver earrings, I prefer silver to yellow gold

-Wich one is the most expensive pair of earrings that you have...
Probably the ones my grandmother gave me

chinacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have too many pairs to count!

Most of them are silver, I have studs & dangly earrings. Many of them were bought for me by relatives but I don't have any that were handed down to me by family members. My favourite is a pair of silver stars with a diamond in the centre of each that my husband bought me for Xmas one year. They are probably the most expensive ones I own, he bought me the matching necklace for my birthday the following year.
Pookie-poo, I am very jealous that you have a gemologist in the family! I bet the fact that your Father has designed and made jewellery for you makes the pieces extra special.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No earrings. Ears are not pierced and it has be about 20 years since I bought a pair of clip-ons.

Hasn't stopped me from making them for family and friends!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I basically only have one pair and my husband gave them to me before we were married. They are white gold oval hoops with little diamond chips throughout. I don't take them off.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have more earrings than I know what to do with! I actually make them, so I have many pairs to go with every outfit I own!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

No earrings. Ears are not pierced and it has be about 20 years since I bought a pair of clip-ons.

Hasn't stopped me from making them for family and friends!
I technically have a lot of earrings and earring components since I make jewelry. But like you, my ears aren't pierced and won't be anytime soon.

megans

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Earrings!
-How many pairs do you have? Probably about 30. Unfortunately, I tend to lose more earrings than I keep!

-Wich one is your favourite? I have one pair that is a dangly and the earring is a circle with little crystals inside. It's gorgeous...and I like sparkly things. :p

-Do you have a pair from your relatives? I don't!
That would be fun though!

-Do you have silver earrings? Silver earrings are my favorite. Most of jewelry is silver.

-Wich one is the most expensive pair of earrings that you have? I don't wear expensive earrings (see answer to #1 LOL). I don't usually go furthur than the $30-$40 range.

Then I only have one pair for my second holes. They're the ones that I got when I had them pierced.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many pairs do you have? I have about 4 pairs

-Which one is your favourite? & Why.. I have one pair that I wear all the time, they are gold sleepers, my nan gave them to me as she can't wear earrings anymore, she wore them for years

-Do you have a pair from your relatives ? (...Grand-grand Mother?.....)Same as above, I will treasure these earrings

-Do you have silver earrings?...Are you not allergic at the silver?..I have some Tiffany and co. sterling silver ones, silver is ok on me

-Wich one is the most expensive pair of earrings that you have...Tiffany and co

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few pairs of earrings, but not many, and none are expensive. I actually haven't worn earrings in many years. Unless they are studs, they make my ears infected, so I stopped wearing any. I used to wear plain silver ball studs for a LONG time, but decided not to even wear those.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness I have so many pairs of earrings and I don't feel like counting them right now but I would say 75 to 100 pairs or maybe more than that. When I moved last May, I got rid of some, I just had so many.

I don't really have a favorite, I just wear what goes with my clothing that day, I really like all my earrings.

I have a pair that my Mom gave me the year she died, they are very special to me.

I have loads of silver earrings as I do gold either in 14K or fakes
I have never been allergic to any earring, I've been lucky.

I think a pair of pearl earrings are the most expensive since they are real pearls, in fact I have them on right now .

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

IMO Men shouldn´t wear it...

Unless you´re Elton Jhon Or George Michael!...

Rigel there are many, many men who wear earrings besides Elton or George. I don't care for earrings on men at all especially the ones that wear earrings on both ears. They kinda look ridiculous, one earring on a man I could live with but not two, way to feminine IMO.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have pierced ears, but no earrings. I can only wear gold earrings. I haven't bought any since my first daughter came along 19 years ago.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 pairs. 3 holes in one ear, 2 in the other.
I only wear sleepers, I don't change my earrings.
None from relatives.
I wear sterling silver, used to wear gold. I'm allergic to low quality/cheap earrings.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
-How many pairs do you have? Probably 40 or 50 pairs
-Wich one is your favourite? & Why..Don't really have a single favourite, but I'm very fond of my plain gold hoops, my jades, pearls set in a star, and a pair of cats made by a friend - those are the ones that stand out. The hoops are just elegant and go with anything; the jades my Dad bought me, and spent a lot of time and effort looking for just the right setting; the pearls were my first dressy earrings, and were a gift from my brother; the cats -- well, they're cats, they're cute, and I like the person who made them.
-Do you have a pair from your relatives ? (...Grand-grand Mother?...
..) No, none of my female relatives had pierced ears.
There are some silver ones in my collection, and I love them. I can't wear any of my earrings for long these days -- they all make my ears break out -- so it's only special occasions now.
I used to be able to wear anything.

-Wich one is the most expensive pair of earrings that you have..
. Probably either the jades or the pearls.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

Rigel there are many, many men who wear earrings besides Elton or George. I don't care for earrings on men at all especially the ones that wear earrings on both ears. They kinda look ridiculous, one earring on a man I could live with but not two, way to feminine IMO.
My DH used to wear several earrings. They did not look feminine - the types he wore wouldn't even look feminine on a woman.

He wore up to an 8 gauge and was going to go larger but it was too much trouble to take them out for work daily because Mars has a no jewelry on the floor policy for everyone. (wouldn't want an earring in your dog or cat food)

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a lot of random earrings maybe 10 pairs that are just fashion earrings, not made of any precious metal.
My uncle is a jeweler so I also have a lot of silver earrings that are a gift from him, maybe like 5 pairs..
Then one pair is very special, it is from my grandparents that I received for my high school graduation present, they are gold with diamonds ..
I don't have favorite ones but the ones I wear the most are the random cheap kind