Daily Question.................02/16/09

gaia33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Afraid of heights and flying, although I will fly if I have to, and I've been known to climb on a roof or two. lol Still scared though...

I respect animals because they can hurt me, but I'm not afraid of any animal.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm scared of spiders. (I've got scars from the bites to justify that fear though!!!) I'm to the point though that if I see one I will go all out and try to kill it - i make sure it's good and squished to death!

I am also freaked out by clowsn

I don't like driving on the interstate unless I just have to and i'm also not a fan of making left hand turns without a turn light (Both related to previous accidents haha)

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
dentist- terrified of going to the dentist.
bugs/spiders- bees, beetles, moths, dragon flys...uggghhh! im so wigged out by bugs its unbelievable. I wont put my windows down in my car in warm weather for fear of bugs getting in. I like winter much better cause im more "safe", and dont have to worry about bugs flying around me. If a bug starts flying around me i start screaming and flailing my arms all over the place, and its embarrassing because if you see it from far away it looks like im nuts! id have to say moths are the worse for me tho, ive seen some GIGANTIC ones living in the mountains, and they make that horrible fluttering noise....it makes me cringe just thinking about it.
deep water/drowning/suffocating- when i was a kid i went for swimming class, and at the last day of class everyone was supposed to dive off the high dive. i refused and started crying. lol. i like swimming and i can, but not if its over my head. last vacation i went on i love the ocean but my BF suggested snorkling and at first i almost thought i couldnt do it, but then i forced myself and seeing all the fishies made it relaxing.
Bridges- going over water, the bigger the bridge the more scary.
I really dont know where any of them came from, but i do think i inherited the fear of bugs from my mom. When i was little she ran over a bees nest with a lawn mower and she was screaming and running and they chased her!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grogs

Well, I think of a phobia as an irrational fear of something, so I don't really have one. All of my fears are rational - I'm afraid of whatever it is for a good reason.

All the fears that I have are there for a reason, too.

The only thing I'm really afraid of is the unknown, and dying. I absolutely can't stand centipedes, but I'm not afraid of them. And you'll never catch me getting up in front of a crowd to make a speech!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am afraid of heights too. I once confronted my fear of heights at a water park and walked up to the top of this water slide but once I got there I was terrified and had to get my boyfriend to walk me back down the stairs. I kept imagining going over the side of the slide.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a near paralyzing fear of spiders. I was bitten on my hand by a brown recluse spider a couple of years ago, while getting lawn chairs out of my shed. I missed a couple weeks of work, due to the huge necrotizing wound it produced on the back of my hand. I start getting really antsy when spring rolls around, and the weather starts getting warmer....the spiders come out in droves. I literall have dozens of cans of strategically placed Spot Shot Spider Spray all over my house!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I am afraid of heights too.
how can I forget this one too!...
..that´s why I´m so far away from the top buildings....:parnaoid:....