Dad is still in the hospital

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stay strong Cathi! I will continue to keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that he begins to get stronger daily.

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cathi,

So sorry to hear about this set back with your Dad. I know how draining it is to have a loved one in the hospital for weeks on end. We almost lost our Dad in November and he was in the hospital until right before Christmas. Hospital food is the norm and it almost begins to taste good. He pulled through, as I hope your dad will. I'll keep praying for him.

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kathy-

I'm sorry that your dad is still not out of the woods.
I'm relieved to hear that the blockages are from adhesions. I was worried about cancer.

I suffer from adhesions (pretty common after having surgery).
I've battled partial small bowel obstructions since I was 20. I had a ruptured appendix at 18. . . . with a temporary illeostomy. I have to watch my diet (no raw apples, no corn, no broccoli, high fiber foods, etc. It's no fun, but sure beats an obstruction. They are plain awful. I am terrified of Naso-gastric tubes (the tube you describe to pump out the contents of your father's stomach).

I've considered having an laparoscopic surgery to get rid of the adhesions (bands of scar tissue), but because my obstructions subside with rest, I haven't had to resort to this. Perhaps your dad would be a candidate when he is stronger.

I will continue to pray.
He's a tough man to keep up the fight.

Take care.

Laurie