Dad in the hospital

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We had to bring Dad into the ER last night at 9 PM. I got a call from my sister and rushed down to the hospital. He couldn't breath and his feet and legs were very swollen. They diagnosed him with congestive heart failure. My dad is 84 (he was in his 40's when I was born) and he told them that if his heart stops, he does not want to be brought back and no life sustaining measures are to be taken. At about 1 AM they got him into the Critical Care Unit. I got home around 1:15. At 6 AM I called the CCU and they said he had a good night and by the time I got to the hospital this morning they had him in a regular room. He looked a lot better, but I would appreciate your prayers. I do not want to loose my Dad too. My Mom died when I was 21.

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best wishes from Canada. You know that congestive heart failure sounds very bad, but can often be treated with diuretics. My dad had the same thing happen last year, he was in hospital for about 6 days to get sorted out, and then was fine. His was caused by a reaction between his regular heart meds and a new anti inflammatory he had been taking.

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
love and best wishes from here in Leeds as well -

In my prayers

K

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nora-Many prayers sending your way...my father was diagnosed with CHF in 1996 and he has lived through some rough times...everything will be ok...more prayers being sent your way!

dougbug

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my prayers are with you nora, you and your dad, i hope you have him for many more yrs...

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nora I am sending a lot of get well vibes to your Dad. My sister(kittywarden) and brother(spideycat) and I just lost our Dad last week. Be sure that you tell him how much you love him every day. I will keep him in my prayers.

spideycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by blondiecat
Nora I am sending a lot of get well vibes to your Dad. My sister(kittywarden) and brother(spideycat) and I just lost our Dad last week. Be sure that you tell him how much you love him every day. I will keep him in my prayers.
Like sis said(blondiecat)hang in there and keep positive thoughts.
lots of (((((hugs))))))

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Update on Dad

Dad is doing better, but still has to get rid of some of the fluid. He was very crabby last night, which I guess is a good sign. He wants to go home today, but I don't think that is going to happen.

Thank you for your prayers and thoughtful comments, it really touched me to read your replies.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nora - I will definately send prayers of healing to your dad! I am glad he is doing better.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nora, you wrote in today's DT that your dad was being released - and that he looked good and, what was it - is getting fiesty again?

I'm so glad to hear it. I hope all goes well at the Doc visit and that they're abe to pin down what happened. Uncertainty is the worst. But I'm so glad he's doing better.

Hugs and prayers,

Laurie

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nora
I am Glad your dad is better and gets to go home. Please take care of him and let us now how he is doing. Also let him know he has people thinking about him and praying for his continued good health. It would help if we knew his name too. lots of love and hugs to all Carla

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nora,

I'm sorry, what a frightening time this must be. My grandmother has CHF, diagnosed almost a year ago. Best wishes for your father to continue to recover and do well.