DA VINCI code o yea

miyas_mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I read it in 2 days and I loved it!
Personally, I had been going through some doubts about my religion and I had expressed my uneasiness to my friend. He said that I should read this book and some of the ideas in the book are more in sync with what I believe. Of course I know it is fiction, but it was a lot easier to understand. I will read some of the non-fiction works on the topic as well.

After I finished reading the book, I told my parents about that, and their first words were, "Oh no. Well, I think you need to go back to church and restore your faith."

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I spent most of one day last weekend reading it. It was an enjoyable read, but I found it to be a rehash of a lot of articles or books about the life of Jesus that I'd already read, so I was a bit disappointed, as some people had warned me I'd be.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ryn

I read it about a year ago and don't really get why everyone is so in love with the book. I mean, it's OK but not great, the language is IMHO rather clumsy. Fairly entertaining, I suppose, but not worth all the praise.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I couldn't finish it, I kept wanting to correct his grammar.