Cygnus X1, you've left your imprint on our hearts

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
We had to help our beloved Cygnus cross the Rainbow Bridge 3/14. He was only about 5 y/o. I found him 4 years ago and he was malnurished, cold, wet, hungry and ill. Upon taking him to the vet we found out her had a URI, stomatitis (mild), cataract and tested a faint positive for FeLv.
I nursed him and treated him with the antiviral and antibiotics and re did a retest 6 weeks later which was negative. He also had feline herpes of which I gave him lysine for. He seemed to be having a flare up on his FH with runny eyes and sneezing and sniffling. I noticed he didn't want to eat the fHood his lysine was in and then he stayed in a sphynx position for half a day. Turned out he had plueral effusion which prognosis is never good. The vet I saw that day basically thought I should euthanize him I'm glad I didn't. I took him to his normal vet for follow up and he confirmed the dx but we continued to treat him with lasix and antibiotics. His heart enzymes were fine so we guess it was FeLv or Lymphoma or both. He was getting weaker and not wanting to eat much and drank little. I'm so glad we got to have a little more time with him. He was a very smart cat with a quirky and funny personality. He loved playing in boxes especially soda can boxes. He loved watching Cat TV and trying to grab the birds and mice.
It was a difficult decision, but we know he is now at peace.

332499587_1315977165638217_8006211518755287938_n.jpg

thanatos0042

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He was a beautiful baby, I am sorry he was taken so early. My most recent one as well...have faith he is in a happy place, playing with others and being a cat while he waits to be with you again some day. The decision you made is so hard and it cuts a piece out of you, but sometimes that is the only thing you can do when you don't want them to suffer at the end. I know how words won't bring comfort, but know you are not alone in your grief, we all have shared it and you have put him onto the internet, where a small piece of him will always exist. My best to you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Cygnus, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever

What a lovely cat he was, is and always will be! You did everything right, from the moment you found him, to the moment you helped him take those first steps through the Gate between this Adventure to his Next Great Adventure. And you sent your love with him to guide his way. Now, from him home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, he blesses you and he sends his love, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you down through all your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You gave him 4 years he would have most certainly never had. A life full of family and love, all he ever wanted. You didn't give up on him, and I'm sure he loves you all the more for that. He is at peace because he holds your love tightly in his little soul.
Love is spiritual, so eternal. he will always be connected to you with bonds of love, forever as close as your thoughts and prayers. He lives on through you now, so send him more love to treasure and happiness, not sadness and tears. Go forward into life and look for it's beauty and happiness, he would like nothing more, just as you would want for him if you were the first to go. That is love.
Just as the promise of spring is coming, so too is the promise of his unending love. Unfolding like the first leaves of flowers, his love will continue to unfold in your heart.
It is a unique love, it can never be replaced, but added on to with more love. it is your love and your love only. Only those who have loved as you do, and have lost their dear ones, can relate to the pain you are going through. He left you the greatest legacy a cat can ever give...his heart.........RIP sweet Cygnus. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you in His loving arms, until you meet again!

Susanna72

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. You gave him so many years of love that he would have never had if you hadn't rescued him and nursed him. Rest in peace, little one. Take comfort in your memories of him and the wonderful life you gave him.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You gave Cygnus four years of love, care and cuddles, and you helped him forget the first year of his life when he struggled to survice and was sick daily. He will forever grateful for this.
You did everything possible for him and eventually you had to let him go, but Cygnus understands it was necessary.
RIP Cygnus, now you can fly high to your soft cloud from where you will keep an eye on your mom who loved you so much.