Cyber Bullying - Thoughts and Experiences

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got cyber bullied by my ex husband and his girlfriend/now wife who he was seeing while he was married to me. We used to play online game and belonged to different teams. Those 2 were so hateful to me and put up a website with awful pictures of me with a target on my face, they spread awful untrue rumors about me on forums. It was terrible. I was going through such a hard time because of what they did to me in real life. I lost everything of mine in that divorce(long story) I had to litterally start my life over again from scratch. Thank god for a good friend I saved my only treasures and that was my cats. We still had each other! They bullied me for a long time, until I said enough and just walked away from the internet. He was such a psychopath and I am so glad that is gone from my life.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
met my 1st cyber-bully today! all happened in PMs, which i deleted as soon as i read them, but i don't think this person would've been nearly as nasty to me had it been in the public forum... put her on ignore after the last attack. told her i was going to do it, too.
now, most of y'all know me as well as anyone can, via the internet - do i come across as a mean, uncaring, dogmatic Christian?
she attacked me for a post that wasn't even directed at her. i took it to PMs because i didn't want to clutter the thread w/what i considered to be inappropriate posts... but she just got meaner & nastier w/each PM.
how does ignore work, btw - will it seem to me like she doesn't even belong to the forum? just curious - i enjoyed looking at her pix, so i'll miss that... i guess!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

how does ignore work, btw - will it seem to me like she doesn't even belong to the forum?
I haven't used it here, but I have on other forums. There you still saw their names in the thread, but their posts said something along the line of "You are ignoring this person", and you didn't see the content of the posts. Not sure how it works for PM though. Probably just blocks their ability to send you a PM with a message of "....not receiving PM's"

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

You won't see any of her posts anymore Laureen
thanks for clarifying that... what about when someone quotes her - just a blank there?
this is the 1st time i've felt the need to 'ignore' anyone here!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

thanks for clarifying that... what about when someone quotes her - just a blank there?
this is the 1st time i've felt the need to 'ignore' anyone here!
Quotes aren't affected, so you will see anything someone quotes.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jean-ji

I meant no criticism at all about IMO, I just meant that is as rough as TCS gets, which is no where near the level of animosity and intensity on other boards I've been on. Every one on IMO is fairly well behaved and I have seen the mods interject to keep things on an even keel. No offense intended at all. I visit IMO like I do the Rainbow Bridge, I definitely have to be in a certain frame of mind to venture into either one. That has to do with me, not the forums.

Edit: In case I'm not being clear about this, I love TCS and feel safe and at home here.
No offense taken! There has been some criticism of TCS being "overmoderated", yet the very same critics seem to think that IMO isn't censored enough. That gets rather "old" after awhile. "They" should be allowed to say anything they please to, but anybody who disagrees should be reprimanded, apparently. How transparent can you get?

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I haven't used it here, but I have on other forums. There you still saw their names in the thread, but their posts said something along the line of "You are ignoring this person", and you didn't see the content of the posts. Not sure how it works for PM though. Probably just blocks their ability to send you a PM with a message of "....not receiving PM's"
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Quotes aren't affected, so you will see anything someone quotes.
Thank you for clarifying that. I obviously can't put TCS members on an ignore list, but I wondered about that.