'Cuz Breakin' Up is hard to do..

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck and stay strong. And I would say do not do anything that jeopardises your daughter in any way, including her future relationship with her father, if he wants one. You could regret that so much in the future. But on Kipper, why not offer to get him another kitten to keep him company, using hte argument that Mushi and Kipper need each other. That is staying calm and amiable while getting what you want.

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
*Hugs*

I'm glad to read this, though:

I find myself being sad in the mornings, but as the day goes on, I realize how awesome I am, and all that sadness just goes away. I'm one hot mama, and he's one not-awesome guy, we just don't belong together.
I'm glad you realize it...because you ARE awesome and you don't need him. Stay strong and keep that attitude, it'll help you through all this hard stuff.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have much more to add than what has all ready been said, but why don't you just take Kipper with you? Make him fight to keep her if he wants to, not the other way around. I wouldn't leave her with someone who is unstable right now...

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilleah

I find myself being sad in the mornings, but as the day goes on, I realize how awesome I am, and all that sadness just goes away. I'm one hot mama, and he's one not-awesome guy, we just don't belong together.
What an incredible and inspiring attitude to have- it'll take you far!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your breakup (esp. because you have a daughter that has to move, too, AND about Kipper
), but your wonderful attitude is such an asset to have right now. I wish you nothing but luck and happiness during this time!

ETA: Just read about the restraining order thing. That COULD work in your favor with regards to Kipper. I know here in GA you CAN include pets in a restraining order if you feel for your safety. Standards may be different in your state, but it's worth looking into. Contact your local domestic violence shelter as they should be able to give you some guidance in that area!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

The only problem with the restraining order is your DD.If you have to drop her off to him, then you will be considered breaking it yourself.I know, it's a bunch of BS!! But, that's how it works.The only way I was told you can get around that, is to drop her off with someone that you trust and have him come and get her.Then have him drop her off.
As for crazy talk,I've been through it also.I was told all kinds of stuff.Like "if I can't have you,I'll kill you and then myself".Or "who wants you?""I'm nothing without you and if you leave,I'll shoot myself".You name it,I heard it.
It took him holding a loaded shot gun to my head in FRONT of my DD who was only 4 at the time.That was it and I left.He shoved pills down my throat,took a razor blade to my wrist,the gun,black eyes,broken bones, and a bunch of other things.Including causing me to go into preterm labor with our DS.
I'm happy you got out before it got too bad.You are a WONDERFUL MOM!!
Wow, you are a SURVIVOR!
I am so glad you're out of that relationship and SAFE now! You are an inspiration for others who may be in similar situations.