Cutest Thing Ever!

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat Huxley does the cutest thing ever! I try to get him to play first and then eat. I serve his food on a plate and start playing with a little pink mouse that he loves to chase around after I attached it to a wand toy. Once he’s “hunted” enough. He grabs the mouse, put it in his mouth and drags the whole wand across the room, dumps the pink mouse in his plate and proceeds to happily eat around it! He’ll move it once in a while when it gets in the way to his real food, takes it out of the plate, puts it back on again and he repeats this until he’s done eating. I swear it is the cutest and funniest thing to watch. Does your cat do this too?

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
My Big Guy is known to drop his mousie of the day in the kibble bowl, or right beside it or the wet food dish, but the water bowl really gets things going. He drops the mouse in the water, fishes it out, drinks some, drops it back in, knocks the bowl around and water goes everywhere, (which I think he actually does purposefully to lower the water level) grabs the mouse with his jaws and sometimes wakes us up with the snorting from water in his nose LOL, oh, it's a hoot to watch!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
My cat Huxley does the cutest thing ever! I try to get him to play first and then eat. I serve his food on a plate and start playing with a little pink mouse that he loves to chase around after I attached it to a wand toy. Once he’s “hunted” enough. He grabs the mouse, put it in his mouth and drags the whole wand across the room, dumps the pink mouse in his plate and proceeds to happily eat around it! He’ll move it once in a while when it gets in the way to his real food, takes it out of the plate, puts it back on again and he repeats this until he’s done eating. I swear it is the cutest and funniest thing to watch. Does your cat do this too?
Wow! I've never heard of anything like that. That's adorable. :hearthrob:

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cheese is a toy-dunker. She prefers all toys go in the water dish, and even some non-toys, like fuzz from off her cat tree..... Every once in a while, after a particular toy is good and soaking wet, she will then toss it in her kibble bowl to ensure that her kibble gets wet too and of course we can't eat it once it's wet.... sigh.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He eats much better and quicker when he does that (he has chronic pancreatitis and suspected IBD so he gets nauseous and can take a long time to eat his 2oz portions). And yes. He is a gorgeous boy, and the gentlest most loving thing you have ever met!
I've never had a cat to do this! I think it is something that Huxley wants to take his toy with him to eat. Like he almost feels better to have his mouse friend dine with him? Does he want to go back to play after eating? Huxley is beautiful.:)

AmyTheKittyMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jasper likes to carry his toys around in his mouth. His favorites to drag around are his crinkle balls and crumpled up paper balls. Some days he’ll dump them into his kibble bowl or his water dish. It’s always funny to walk in and see a little crinkly garnish he’s put on his food, or a soggy ball of paper that needs fishing out.