cute racoon sounds from my black kittens

hericanecats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two sweet black six month old kittens who often produce a sound similar to a racoon, as well as the usual meows.  Is there a name given to this cutie little sound?  I think they have American Bombay blood in them because they have the SUPER long tails and SUPER shiny black coats.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those kittens are very young to be away from their mama.  What are you feeding them?  Have they been dewormed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hericanecats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The long haired calico cat that I had for 20 years passed away in July.  Chelsea was a special little person and I felt so desolate when she died.  I was going to wait for a few months before I got another cat, but past experience has shown me the best way to get over a broken heart is to find another little person to love.  So I went to the hairdresser to see if anyone there knew of someone who had kittens to give away.  The woman actually lived just a couple doors from me. I decided to get two kittens and they turned out to be these lovely black kittens.  Although one of the kittens has the third eyelid down over her left eye from a herpes virus she is full of energy and eats well.  I will keep a close eye on her in case the virus surfaces again.   I have named them Angel and Grace and I love my little family.  It is truly a blessed Christmas!   On Monday my little ones will be going to the vet to be fixed, poor babies.  But I believe in controlling the pet population.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry about Chelsea, I am glad you are getting the little ones to a vet on Monday. Are they eating on their own? what kind of food do they eat do they still require kitten formula or are they eating canned food? Feel free to share pictures of the little ones 

hericanecats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
At six months old?  You can believe they are eating on their own!  They eat dried kitten food and once in a while like a little bit of ham but they have very, very good appetites and are in very good health.  They race through the house several times a day.  I live on a very busy road and will train them on a leash like I did Chelsea.  Right now they are at the in-between stage where they are too big for the small harnesses and too small for the medium harnesses.  I have the strapping and plan to make the harnesses.  This is what I did for Chelsea because she was a big cat.   I have always had a cat ever since I was eleven years old so I am very familiar with them.  They have all been healthy but Angel is the first cat I have had with the third eyelid over her eye.  The vet checked her and said she doesn't make enough moisture, so I will probably have to put eye drops in her eye for the rest of her life, but that's ok.  Her sister doesn't have the problem.  Anyway, they are both very healthy and full of energy!  Wish they would give me some of that energy!

hericanecats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey talking peanut, kittens are ready to leave their mothers around 12 weeks old.  At six months they should be eating their own food.  And yes, they were not only dewormed but also had their shots.   But thanks or caring.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness I read that as six weeks! So sorry.

Please post photos. They sound adorable.

hericanecats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No worries!  Yes your right, if they had been six weeks that is too young.  Sorry I took offense.  I will post photos as soon as I figure out how to work the camera and then post them on line.   I am 57 years old and am still more familiar with the old cameras.  I want photos too of my latest babies.  What kind cat do you have?