Top Cat
Purraise
Spoonflower is a fun place to look too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love Spoonflower but the fabrics are so expensive per yard :sigh: I like to ogle their Etsy shop which includes wallpaper and DIY craft projects, Spoonflower | Etsy

I haven't been to Joanne's in years. There used to be fabric stores downtown but they closed long ago for various reasons.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't trust myself in fabric stores. It's all so pretty!! :lol:

Me too and I'm not even a crafty person :lol: Just looking at all the bolts of fabric in all different colors and patterns and material and all the trimmings and everything is a bit overwhelming :dizzy: My mom and great aunt used to do a lot of sewing when I was a kid. I remember tagging along when they went to the fabric stores. I remember one had a resident store cat :bicolorcat: I had a lot of homemade baby clothes and then dresses.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too. That’s why I only let myself buy Spoonflower’s calendar tea towels once a year, at the most 1-2. They will cheer you up! I think they do have sales on fat squares but I’m too scared to peek cos they’re too cute.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was looking at fat quarter bundles online. So expensive :eek3: I don't think they cost that much the last time I was at a fabric store. In store you can usually buy a single fat quarter piece for like a dollar. I might have to go "shopping" in mom's box of random sewing stuff for scraps of fabric. I know she has quilted fabric scraps and brocade fat quarters (not what I need) and patterned cotton fabric (might be usable for my tiered tray).

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s so sweet you have you mom’s scraps…me too, esp calicos. She always swore at the Singer and cursed at the bobbin but produced some lovely things: 5A0FF9BD-3614-4FF7-8BF8-089875486400.jpeg