Cut my hair after 45 years

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you!! Change is good.
You look great

I cut my hair twice in the past decade (was down to my waist at one point). I donated 14 inches to "Locks for Love" the first time, and another 10 inches the second time (just this past December). It's a good feeling. It will grow again.
It's also healthier for your hair.

Laurie

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bill donated HIS 12" ponytail, a few months ago. It was his first haircut, since 1967.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, your new hair style looks absolutely wonderful!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You guys are giving me a big smile today
and giving me a big head (so to speak) with your compliments. More than anything I was hoping to take a few years off my looks and I think I may have done it!

I had to buy a hair straightener today. The perm is still on the last few inches and it looked bad with curly ends. So after a few hours of curls, I'm back to the straight look which is so much better. The cats will just have to deal with 10 less minutes of play in the morning while I straighten it until I can grow out the rest of the perm.

And I haven't gotten a headache today. I thought they were sinus but I'm beginning to suspect that all that weight on my head was doing it!

Doing the happy dance with a big grin on my face!

gargoyle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think that's a great look on you and you do look younger

I donated 12" length of hair to Locks of Love about 4 years ago and my husband did the same about 1.5 yr later. I've heard that LofL prefers 12+ lengths because they can do more with it (and all the girls want long hair) but they sometimes use shorter lengths for boys' wigs. You might still consider sending them your hair.

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They can also use donations (that are not acceptable for wigs) to defer their expenses. They sell it to paint brush companies.

grapegal45

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think your haircut is very lovely and you do have beautiful thick hair. But hey guys that used to wear long hair....you all complain about how hard it was/is and how it drags the face down, makes you look older, etc., but did any of you wear your hair up? I have mid length hair and I wear mine up all the time in beautiful buns and the like....doesn't drag the face down, in fact, I get many compliments.
I will admit, I'm not the norm but hey, I rather like that.
And I definitely do not look like I'm from the 60's and 70's, at least not the 1960's and 70's...

Just a thought if you ever want to grow that hair again.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your new do looks amazing!!!
I wish I had the courage to do something like that! I cut my hair one time like that WAY back in the day when I was a senior in school and I've kept it fairly short but never really cut it dramatically after that. I don't know why.
BTW: I like the ends curled. they look fine that way if you want my opinion.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You look great! And now it is so much easier to care for. I used to have hair down to my hips God what a pain that was. My hair was so thick took forever to dry.Long live short hair styles!
The new haircut really frames your face too!

millyanddaisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulatinos on looking so fab!
It is very liberating isn't it? I used to have hair so long that I could sit on it, and I got so fed up with it, I went to the hairdresser one day and said,'cut it all off', so she did. I went from having hair longer than 2ft to having it less than 2 inches all over. She said I was the only client she'd had who kept saying, cut it shorter than that! And what's more, I have never regretted it either. But I didn't look as though I'd lost the years that you have!!

Sue

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Deb25

I love it! Hope somebody donated your hair to Locks of Love.
WOW, Amy, what a difference! LOVE IT! Deb, my sister in law every other year gets her hair cut, (thick dark Italian hair) and donates it Locks of Love.