Current News about YOU....

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, there isn't anything really new and exciting going on in my life...

I am a Research Associate in a immunohematology lab at a major research hospital. I've been in the lab for over 2 years now, and I'm starting to take on a little more responsibility for the day-to-day running of the lab. I've also been busy the past few weeks training a new volunteer on how to do some of the techniques we use. She'll be helping out with one project (aging of blood stem cells) so I'll have time to do the other 100 I seem to have.

In what time I have away from the lab, I've been involved with www.savesamoa.org and www.straypetadvocacy.org with Laurie, Heidi and Kass. I've written a review article on the true impact feline predation has on wildlife, and I'm currently working (very slowly) on a series of articles about diseases and feral cats.

I'm still an apartment dweller, although I've started to seriously think about buying a home
This includes paying off my credit card debts and trying very hard to get a raise.

Ivo, my furbabe, is doing well. She's gotten more loving over time, although she'll never be a lap cat. Another reason to move into a house is to get her a companion or two.