Curious Kitty in the Cabinet

debradoodle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I recently adopted two feral kittens. They have been adjusting nicely, but slowly. My brave little tabby Whiskey decided to do some exploring and found a hole underneath my cabinets that I never knew I had! He is in the corner between two cabinets and I can't get to him. I am concerned about him staying in there or getting stuck. Any advice to entice him to come out? He has only been in there for a short time, but how long should I wait until I start trying to disassemble the cabinets, aka kitten extraction mission? Thanks.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Can he get out on his own or would he need assistance? If he can maneuver on his own then try to entice him with something he likes, e.g. tasty or smelly treat (the stronger the smell the better), catnip, his favorite toy or maybe try bringing the other kitten over but be careful not to let the other kitty climb into the hole. Hopefully you will be able to tempt him and when he does come out be sure to cover up the hole with something secure. Good luck!:goodluck:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
How old,is he? Unless he is crying for help, I would try ignoring him for a few hours except for placing some smelly treats on the floor near the cabinets. Tuna and juice is a good choice. In all likelihood he will find his way out the same way he went in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debradoodle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Can he get out on his own or would he need assistance? If he can maneuver on his own then try to entice him with something he likes, e.g. tasty or smelly treat (the stronger the smell the better), catnip, his favorite toy or maybe try bringing the other kitten over but be careful not to let the other kitty climb into the hole. Hopefully you will be able to tempt him and when he does come out be sure to cover up the hole with something secure. Good luck!:goodluck:

debradoodle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I recently adopted two feral kittens. They have been adjusting nicely, but slowly. My brave little tabby Whiskey decided to do some exploring and found a hole underneath my cabinets that I never knew I had! He is in the corner between two cabinets and I can't get to him. I am concerned about him staying in there or getting stuck. Any advice to entice him to come out? He has only been in there for a short time, but how long should I wait until I start trying to disassemble the cabinets, aka kitten extraction mission? Thanks.

debradoodle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! He came out then went back in again! But when he came out the second time I was able to block the hole temporarily until I can put something permanent up. He’s a sneaky little kitty!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad he came out! I would make sure he has a small dark place that he can use as a hideaway. A cardboard box on its side with the top and opening nearly covered with a blanket or a carrier covered with a blanket may suit his need to hide. Put either in a quiet corner and don’t disturb him when he is in it.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! He came out then went back in again! But when he came out the second time I was able to block the hole temporarily until I can put something permanent up. He’s a sneaky little kitty!
My cat Peaches did that when she was 5 weeks. Very tiny. Came out on her own. So curious. Also removed the door stop. That tiny rubber piece at the end they can chew off.